Page 179 of 190 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1893
    Tried a recently-opened high-end burger place called Slater's 50/50, where their specialty is a half beef/half bacon patty. Had a regular burger (which was still huge, so it was shared) and shared part of a 50/50 one, plus a shared appetizer of onion rings and mac & cheese breaded balls. I am still full. Oh, and water in a glass to drink as my beverage.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

After yesterday's let's-have-lunch-so-big-it'll-count-as-the-next-meal-too, tried a buffet. My first four plates all had different items I hadn't repeated (yet). Aside from the ubiquitous water to drink:
    - soup (clam)
    - chicken (strips, teriyaki [both marinaded and baked], Gen. Tso's, orange)
    - veggies (corn, carrots [2 kinds], green beans)
    - rice (Mexican, fried with ham [twice])
    - refried beans
    - meat loaf
    - potatoes (mashed [once with chicken and once with brown gravy], fried, French fried, baked [quarter size])
    - biscuit & country gravy
    - pork chop
    - roll

No dessert, as I was waddling out the door. Have eaten nothing since, and may never.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I had a Macaroni Salad and a serving of leftover vegetable medley with carrots, yellow carrots, broccoli and pea pods.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Roughly 1/4 of a sub, chips (sour cream and ranch), a granola bar and water. Not the best but it was free for coaches at the track meet I was at.

While it's too late for lunch today, if you have a Jersey Mike's sandwich shop, today's their charity day where they donate ONE-HUNDRED PERCENT of sales to your local groups (here it was Steven's Hope, a children's cancer fund raising group). I bought a #13 sub for dinner. Apparently, the month of March has various donation opportunities there, too.

When you forget to check if there were enough slices of bread to make a sandwich (answer: zero slices means an unlikely sandwich), you take a packet of crackers with your banana. And an empty bottle to fill with water.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    When you forget to check if there were enough slices of bread to make a sandwich (answer: zero slices means an unlikely sandwich), you take a packet of crackers with your banana. And an empty bottle to fill with water.
    So you didn't even have water??! Crackers and a nanna? That doesn't sound the most filling meal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    So you didn't even have water??! Crackers and a nanna? That doesn't sound the most filling meal to me.
    I sponged off the taxpayer$ (hey, wait... I'M a taxpayer, too! ) and used the school's water fountain to fill my bottle! Was this "meal" filling? Not really. Was it sufficient? Sure, why not; whatever.