Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JEDI vs. ALIENS

JEDI vs. ALIENS

Not sure if this idea has ever been tossed around, but after seeing ALIENS again the other night, I wondered if there have been any comic books or EU that explore the possibilities of JEDI going up against ALIENS.

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid View Post
    Not sure if this idea has ever been tossed around, but after seeing ALIENS again the other night, I wondered if there have been any comic books or EU that explore the possibilities of JEDI going up against ALIENS.

weird...I just watched ALIENS night before last too and ALIEN last night.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Ephant Mon would pwn the Aliens.
    I've always wanted pwn somebody.

The muti comic, multigenerational crossover comic event called "Vector" is more or less an alien outbreak story along the same vein as Alien. So far it isn't very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by preacher View Post
    The muti comic, multigenerational crossover comic event called "Vector" is more or less an alien outbreak story along the same vein as Alien. So far it isn't very impressive.
    I read words but didn't understand the message. Please elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid View Post
    I've always wanted pwn somebody.
    Wouldn't that be essentially white slavery?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Vector is a story arc that Dark Horse Comics has come up with for the Star Wars EU. Its unique to other story arcs they've done in the past because it impacts four different comic books (Kinda like the way the Marvel Civil War story was told a year ago). there is one difference: Vector takes place during Knights of the Old Republic, Order 66, New Republic, and Legacy eras. The third issue of Vector takes place in Knights of the Old Republic. Supposedly the events during that time frame will have far-reaching effects during Order 66. On the face of it it sounds interesting except it would appear that the story arcs central "threat" is some sort of plague that mutates people into monsters. When I read it, what immediately popped to mind was the movie 28 days later. Typical outbreak formula. Sadly Vector is so far following all the usual plot devices from an outbreak story. Not much originality up to this point.

I think the comparison with Vector do an Alien crossover is valid because there are a lot of similarities.

Sorry for my jumbled explanation before.

That's what Vector is?

Wow. It's even dumber than I'd thought.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Wouldn't that be essentially white slavery?
    Not sure. I have to figure out what "pwn" means first.