Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Titaniums Cancelled?

Does anyone know what's going on? Are the Titaniums cancelled or what??? Both Target and WM are no longer carrying them and it looks like EE has cancelled the pre-order of wave 5. I thought Hasbro has said that a number of new ships were being released later this year??? If this was true, why would both Targets and WMs stop carrying them??? I think, this is something we need to ask hasbro at the next Q&A.
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

the indiana jones ones are still up and now have pictures. Also it is 2008 wave 4 that has gone missing not wave 5.

I don't think the line is being discontinued, just the current SKU's/DCPI's are being discontinued. The Titanium line is supposed to get new numbers when all the Clone Wars toys are launched. It's the same situation for all of the other SW lines - basic figs, Galactic Heroes, etc.

I'm with josh and figrin on this one... I think they've pushed back Wave 4 and released the horrendous TCW repaint wave (and the Indys) instead.

It stands to reason, considering that the TCW theatrical release is coming up earlier than September (its original TV date) and the fact that we've seen a few Singapore and HK auctions of that TCW wave... no auction pics whatsoever of wave 4.

On the other hand, the TS have been gettin' mighty sparse at the mega-retailers lately... not a good sign at all. Some dudes at RS are just freakin' out! I can understand why...

I can't remember Hasbro cancelling a whole non-revision wave before either... and they'd be the last to let us know if TS was going extinct.

Meh. Back to the first hand: It seems that all SW lines are shrinking, shelfspace-wise. And I think that the TS line's doing ok... almost every time I buy a new wave at my Brick and Mortar store, the clerks tell me that the TS are "just flying off the shelves". New waves are usually gone in 2 days.

Frakk... I want that Basestar a.s.a.m.f.p!

Hey Jangu... if you ask Hasbro about this, be sure to ask them about some specific ship names if the line's not cancelled... might get an answer.
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

Wave 4 isn't due out until June and several other online toys stores still have it available for pre-order (BBTS for one.) Maybe EE sold through what they had ordered and just took it off their website? As far as WM and Target go, we're overrun with wave 3 the last couple of weeks here at both places (TRU still has the last wave from last year coming in at an alarming rate.) I think the price increase is slowing down the speed they're moving (plus I really don't want any more repaints and I think many others feel the same way.)

the last two times i have bought titanium ships from a target their upc has not been found on record and the cashier had to type in the price.

The Baron Fell TIE etc. wave has been hitting here everywhere. I did notice that EE doesn't have any future waves for pr-eorder. Hasbro better not cancel that BSG Basestar
    Likely the SW will make room for the Indy Titaniums, and let's not forget there are Iron Man Titaniums also. You know how the retailers like to mix them all up.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Oh, ok. That a relief, Iwas getting a bit worried. Thank for the info.
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joshephe View Post
    the last two times i have bought titanium ships from a target their upc has not been found on record and the cashier had to type in the price.
    the same thing happened to me, I tell them they are 4.99 because I dont want to pay an increase.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    the same thing happened to me, I tell them they are 4.99 because I dont want to pay an increase.
    That's fantastic! I wish that worked up here.