View Poll Results: The SSG BATTLE OF THE MACHINES Round 1 - Fight Three!!!

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • The AT-AT crushes the competition!

100 80.00%
  • The Rebel Snowspeeder ropes in a victory!

25 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

The SSG BATTLE OF THE MACHINES Round 1 - Fight 3!

Let's get ready to RUMBLE!!!

Friday Night is once again FIGHT NIGHT in The SSG Battle of the Machines!

In tonight's classic contest it is actually a rematch of a fight that was earlier and more formally called The Battle Of Hoth! - You might have heard of it.

"All troops will debark for ground assault!"

"Attack pattern Delta! Go now!"

With armor too strong for blasters, the towering AT-AT Snow Walker could probably carry over a half-dozen snowtrooper action figures into combat in its troop carrier section, while under the command of the exclusive packed-in AT-AT Driver and AT-AT Commander (as close as we've come to General Veers' proper figure) seated in the cockpit. From there they can command the fully poseable behemoth machine's 4 giant legs, jointed in three points of articulation on each. Covering them, are the remote operated chin guns that fire with the air-piercing sound effects and red "laser" flashes one would come to expect from the firepower of this war machine. But that's not all: side-mounted anti-aircraft cannons feature missle tubes with launching projectiles capable of descimating any Rebel defenses! A remote lever in the transport section controls the aiming and directional tracking of the metal beasts head, and a electronic, backlit communications and tactical station replays dialog from the movie, and features the bone-crunching thunder a walker's legs make in action, as well as the terror-striking sound of many needle-like barrages of the walker's smaller artillery cannons.

Up against seemingly impossible odds is a Rebel Craft that might surprise you with its extraordinary resources that make it one of the only vehicles in the Rebel arsenol that actually has been proven effective at taking Imperial Walkers down! "Rogue Group: use your harpoons and tow cables! It may be our only chance at stopping them!" True enough, though the Electronic Rebel Armored SnowSpeeder features two powerful blaster cannons backed with electronic sound effects and red laser flashes on one model, it was the spring loaded harpoon gun and tow cable that could be twisted around (at least one of) the AT-AT's legs to attempt to pull it down. It takes two brave crewmen to handle these airspeeders and the toy seats two: a pilot and a tailgunner. The latest version of this craft saw its release with not only Luke Skywalker packed in, but the first ever action figure of Dak Ralter! It is doubtful the newer version will feature any electronics, including the cool fly-by sound effect included on the earlier one. But available online images show the packaging to be something extraordinary in itself in the latest release, the second-time around for this classic craft in the modern collection.

Now the battle is in your hands. Choose either the Imperial AT-AT or whichever Rebel Armored Snowspeeder you have the highest regard for, and decide which TOY would survive the battle to be YOUR FAVORITE! Keep coming back to see if the craft you like best can make it to the next round!

VOTE NOW!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails at-at versus snowspeeder.jpg  

Gotta go with that Imperial juggernaut the AT-AT. The toy, especially the POTF2 version was massive, came with two good pack in figures (though Veers needs a re-sculpt bad), and electronic lights and sounds. I think it was one of the best vehicles resculpted and released in the POTF2 line. Only thing that would have beat it was if they would have re-issued the shuttle.

The POTF2 Snowspeeder was cool, especially since they resculpted the vintage version and had it's one side have a panal of armor plating missing like Wedge's did on Hoth. Now with the new Crashed Snowspeeder we have Luke's version as well with ok figure versions of both Luke and Dak in Hoth Pilot Uniforms. But, I still like the AT-AT better, just a great vehicle.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

As it stands, the AT-AT crushes the snowspeeder. The new "Hoth Peril" looks good, but the original don't stand a chance.

AT-AT: Super Heavy-weight; Snow Speeder: Light weight

No contest
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

When eras collide

I agree - Mr. AT-AT wins every time. It's a great toy, huge, makes noise (makes more noise if you got the POTF2 version), has flashy lights) and it had that groovy Kenner advert where it fell over!!!!!!

Snowspeeder - small, stubby, can just about tie up one AT-AT leg with it's miniscule tether!

Go Veers - stomp... Stomp!... STOMP!!!!!!!!!
    Look - I'm Princess Leia!

No contest. The AT-AT stomps the crap out the snowspeeder.
    Although they are sleek vehicles, the snowspeeder cannot compare to the size and might of the AT-AT.
    Fight over!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I gotta go with the Speeder in this one. While indeed the AT AT's size makes it a formidable opponent, it is the size and complexity that ultimately makes it fail.

It takes several hands to move it forward and keep it upright, which leaves the speeder ample time to attack. When not advancing forward, the AT AT's main aiming mechanism can only be fully utilized by exposing it's guts leaving it open for attack again.

Not to mention, the new version of the Speeder came with an actual firing harpoon, unlike the vintage, which allows the pilot to do a quick flyby and attack. While it takes a moment to find an anchor point for the harpoon itself, there is more than enough time to do so while the AT AT "driver" falls over himself to manipulate the controls.

Point: Speeder

good points stillakid........

however, as the blasters are no match for the armour plating of the walkers, and if after being struck by the harpoon the walker stops and stands it's ground in lieu of doing a dick van dyke, the snowspeeder is pretty much toast!

gotta give this one to the at-at
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

AT-AT. Its flat out cooller both in the movie and as a toy (both vintage and POTF2). That hasbro shipped my snow speeder with only one, yes one gun!!
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

The AT-AT crushes the competition!
    The bad guys may never win in the end but they sure have the better looking stuff than the good guys
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

For me, the AT-AT is just a little too floppy and the cockpit is too small (even though the head looks WAY too big). It's not a bad toy, but it's not really that accurate-looking and it's wobbly.

The Snowspeeder, on the other hand, looks really accurate, appears to be in scale with the figures, and has cool lights and noises. If it had a more detailed cockpit and opening air brake flaps, it'd be perfect, but as it stands, it's still way cooler than the AT-AT to me.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.