Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    You'll like it one day JT,I betcha!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I like the title! It keeps in line with the heritage and the backstory that was touched on in 'A New Hope', and just like the officail site states; It shows GL paying homage to all those B-movie serial sci-fi and horro flicks of the 50's that he grew up watching! I didn't anticipate it, but I totally expect a title like this from gyd'ole Georgie boy! Either him or Ed Wood! I think he's growing nostalgic in his older age! However, I will have to say upon seeing the title for the first time, a sense of dread washed over me, not because of the title, but I knew about 90% of the members on here would say they hate it! and I dread having to defend something !Star Wars! that shouldn't need defending! O.K. before I get all huffy, I'll stop now...thank you!

I had the same reaction 'Xir. Once I saw the title, my initial reaction was "cool, but I know just about every other Star Wars fan will hate it!"

I liked it then, and I like it now. And I'm getting used to being in the minority here in these forums. As for the hokey factor, we need someone to come in and slap Hollywood across the face every once in a while. It keeps all these movie writers from taking themselves too seriously.

I dig it alot now, its a little corny but hey its Star Wars and probably the best Star Wars movie yet (if you've read the scripts)

So I love it and probably the only one that does!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Hokey is "Curse of the Fiendish Sith", I think AOTC goes beyond that. If it was merely hokey, I wouldn't mind too much, but AOTC as a title is more than just hokey, it's a societal joke, something folks say to be coy, "attack of the Walmart checkout clerks" and such, that's what bugs me.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Ya know, for all my well-known hatred for this title a few weeks ago, I'm starting to like it.

No joke, staring at this image I made from a fan logo on theforce.net (which I set as my wallpaper) hasn't hurt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swe2clowns.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	22  
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Heh heh, I was gonna do
    Code:
    Star Wars
    Episode II
    Send in the Clones
    but got distracted by trying to find a pic of Amidala with her makeup so I could add a little clown art to it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hey Chux...... most impressed with your "God of thunder" avatar.

Very cool
    [FONT=garamond]'Eternity is very long... especially towards the end.' - Woody Allen[/FONT]

You know I was thinking about the new title and yeah I hate it! I'm sure the movie will make the title not so important.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Actually I have never really been that keen on any of the film titles.

The Phantom Menace - well I got so used to calling it EP1, I still do.

A New Hope - Very weak (IMO)

The Empire Strikes Back - Subtle as a brick

Return of the Jedi - Ok I suppose, but much preferred "Revenge"

.........maybe we'll get "Revenge of the Clones" for EP 3.
    [FONT=garamond]'Eternity is very long... especially towards the end.' - Woody Allen[/FONT]