Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My son asked me a good one about the Return Of The Jedi

He said does it mean that Luke returned from where he was ( i forget exactly ) or does it refer to the Jedis returning to power? Or does is refer to Vader sort of coming back to the Jedis, by fullfilling the prophecy? I thought it was quite insightful for an 8 year old. Go easy too, I know you guys take this stuff real serious. I am going to bring the opinions here back to him.
    Order66

excellent traders; Val Da Car, Dark Marble, Commtech and info from KidHuman
    Looking for: Master Replicas Darth Maul .45 scale full lightsaber & a 12" Grievous

Go with the last two for certain (and find him activities that'll push him beyond his school work). It also means for the first time in a generation there is/will be a new Jedi Knight on the scene.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Since Lucas is rumored to have originally wanted the film to be called "Revenge of the Jedi," I'll say that the title refers more to the Jedi handing the Sith their collective a$$es after laying low for 20 years. Tell your son about the "Revenge of Kahn" thing with Star Trek, and that's why they wanted to change the title (at least I think that's all true...aren't there some examples of early merchandizing items for the movie with "Revenge" on them?).

I do believe it meant the Jedi returning to power. I dont believe it had anyting to do with Vader "returning" to the good side. &
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

The Jedi returning from seeming extinction. That's the way I always interpreted it, and always will be.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    The Jedi returning from seeming extinction. That's the way I always interpreted it, and always will be.
    I second that. I don't think that it referred to anyone specifically.

Return of the Jedi Order.

As a wee lad I thought it meant Return of Luke since the crawl says Luke has returned to his home planet of Tatooine...and in my defense, he does refer to himself as a Jedi Knight for awhile before Yoda puts him in his place later in the film.

I'm having deja vu, I feel like I've made this post before...

oh shush, must you always make a comment, . I think it is quite inquisitive for my son to have made the reference though as it made me think.
    Order66

excellent traders; Val Da Car, Dark Marble, Commtech and info from KidHuman
    Looking for: Master Replicas Darth Maul .45 scale full lightsaber & a 12" Grievous

It wasn't a "comment" in the way you took it, I really meant that as I was typing it I thought it felt familiar...like I was making the same post.
    I'd be curious to know if it was deja vu or just good memory.