Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is Anyone Here Greek?

I pledged my fraternity Sigma Tau Gamma in Spring of 2001. I was glad to have done it....I'm sure a few out there will say, that's just paying for friends, but I would disagree. I still go up to my alumni every fall and have a blast with the brothers I know and the new ones I meet each trip up. I don't regret joining at all.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Slicker's Mom jumped out of a lot of cakes at frat parties, I understand.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

She's also jumped outta my birthday cake, my stripper cake, you name it.

I'm not Greek, because "the Greeks don't want no Freaks"
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

I'm half Greek. Grandpap was from Athens.

(And yes I know you're talking about frats..)
    Last edited by jedi master sal; 05-15-2008 at 11:39 AM.
    Move along, move along

όχι

And I've never been in a fraternity.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Yes, I was a founding father of the Delta Xi chapter of Zeta Beta Tau at Virginia Tech. I decided to go with that one because we have no pledging or hazing. The night of induction, you're a full member. As a FF I wouldn't have to worry about it anyway, but I liked it for the future brothers.

I was also in a couple honors fraternities, but I don't think those are what you're talking about.

I agree with you, I joined my fraternity because they have a no-hazing policy, which I think is smart, I don't enjoy being yelled at, or looked down upon, unless Slick's Mom is participating.

I also though this was about ancestry, not fraternities.

I'm 1/4 Greek, my grandfather's parents came from Greece during that lil scuffle with the Turks, my great-grandmother had been a "guest" of the Turks for a while.

I'm not a member of a frat, but there's one from back east which keeps sending me newsletters and money requests thinking I'm a 60-year-old with the same name.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

There were no frats at my university. I wouldn't have wanted to join one anyway, unless of course there happened to be one called Mu Mu Mu. Is there an Alpha Sigma Sigma house?

Ancestry-wise, my lineage is from further north - Irish, Scandavian, German.