Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

The really sad thing about Indiana Jones IV

Someone should have taken this golden opportunity to re-release the first three Indiana Jones soundtracks. Wait, scratch that: they should've re-released the first and third, and released the second for the first time in this country!

Raiders has been out of print for years. The cheapest copy I can find in a cursory search is about $70.

Last Crusade hasn't been out of print as long, but I can't find any cheaper than about $30.

Temple of Doom was never released on CD domestically for some reason, and it looks like it starts around $95.

None of these are on iTunes or any other legal source. Yet these are three of the most iconic, recognizable scores by one of the world's best known composers, and there's obviously a demand for them.

I'm lucky. I copied Raiders from a friend a few years ago, and bought a used copy of Last Crusade shortly after it went out of print. For Temple of Doom, I've got the one track on Williams' greatest hits collection. Most people, I'm sure, don't have even that much.

Heck, the scores that were released are far from complete. Two-disc sets like the SW soundtracks from 1997 would be really nice to have.

Just a missed opportunity. I guess illegal file-swapping gets another inadvertent vote of support from the labels.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Strangely enough, soundtracks can really hold their value and get insanely expensive if they go out of print, even the really obsccure ones, to say nothing of Indy. Who knows, when the new soundtrack comes out, perhaps a release of the old ones isn't far behind.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

I dunno. KOTCS comes out in a week or two, but there's absolutely no info on the other three.

As someone who finally gave up on trying to find a lot of older scores by John Williams and Danny Elfman, believe me that I know those things are insanely overpriced on the secondary market. It really looks like the various companies that published them would realize people want them, and at least release them through iTunes or another online service.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

A friend of mine let me borrow his copies, and while they're very good, they're also somewhat incomplete. Now would have been a good time to SE those soundtracks.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

People actually listen to movie scores other than during the movie ?

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    People actually listen to movie scores other than during the movie ?
    I personally love listening to the soundtracks from Star Wars. John Williams is a God.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

yeah, but Star Wars aren't just movies...they are the sustenance of life. All 6 of them.

I was wondering if we might see special editions of the OT Indy soundtracks released. I'd get them just to have backups of the copies I have.

I got the Last Crusade soundtrack when it was originally released and I bought imports of Raiders and TOD soundtracks through the Lucasfilm Fanclub in the early 90s. All three discs are a bit battered but none the worse for the wear. They've been getting a workout recently in my car
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    I was wondering if we might see special editions of the OT Indy soundtracks released. I'd get them just to have backups of the copies I have.

I got the Last Crusade soundtrack when it was originally released and I bought imports of Raiders and TOD soundtracks through the Lucasfilm Fanclub in the early 90s. All three discs are a bit battered but none the worse for the wear. They've been getting a workout recently in my car
    Make copies now before it's too late. And start using the copies instead of the originals (unless you have an older CD player that can't do CD-Rs).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah, I think I will make copies. You guys are scaring me with all this talk of not being able to replace them, at least not affordably.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)