Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Cool G.I. Joe: Combat Heroes!

I figured since JT allowed us to create a seperate Superhero Squad thread on the forums, he wouldn't mind a seperate thread for this upcoming line. At SDCC in July, Hasbro will offer an exclusive Snake Eyes and Timber 2-Pack. This will be a tease of the upcoming Combat Heroes line, which will launch in 2009 tied into the G.I. Joe movie. They look great, I can't wait! Knowing is half the battle!

More Info: http://gijoeclub.com/sdcc08heroes.cfm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Combat Heroes Snake Eyes.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	17410   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Combat Heroes Timber.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	17411   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Combat Heroes SnakeTimber.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	17412  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Timber's corny look is a little over the top, but Snake Eyes looks pretty cool. That packaging has one issue they should consider though, SE looks like he's going to attack his wolf buddy.

Also, I hope when the main line's packaging hits that it's a little brighter, the black at the top of that card gives it a cold, dark feel to it - red there would be better.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Heh. Now that you mention it, it does. Not sure how they could fix that really though. Either way, it's nice to finally see G.I. Joe join Star Wars, Marvel, Toy Story, and Indiana Jones with a 'Heroes' line. Hopefully unlike the Transformers line, they'll stick to the comic appearances with the G.I. Joe heroes for the most part.

And yeah, the card is pretty dull. I think that hurt Superhero Squad also. Hence why the new packaging is more vibrant and eye catching. Hopefully they simply used the 25th Anniversary look as a basis since it's going to be an early preview for the 2009 line. I wonder what the re-released mass market version will look like.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Snake Eyes looks awesome!! These are the figures I want to see in this new line .

Zartan
    Destro
    Tomax
    Xamot
    Major Bludd
    Blowtorch
    Shipwreck
    Quick Kick
    B.A.T.
    Rowdy Roddy Piper
    50 Cent (would be a cool G I Joe figure)
    Baroness (in her blue outfit)

AWESOME!!!!

They denied this pointblank a few months ago, but I figured it was a given anyway with the movie coming out. I'm only surprised they didn't call them "Real American Heroes."

A little surprised to see Timber, but I'm not about to complain. I can't wait for, hell, anyone!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    AWESOME!!!!

They denied this pointblank a few months ago, but I figured it was a given anyway with the movie coming out. I'm only surprised they didn't call them "Real American Heroes."

A little surprised to see Timber, but I'm not about to complain. I can't wait for, hell, anyone!
    problem with calling them "RAM" is your limiting your audience in that way. Marketing more towards the "american" collector, when a small change to another name, widens the appeal to outside the US as well

I can see your point, but the current line is called GIJoe: A Real American Hero, so it's still odd to me.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I think that calling it RAH would confuse it, and make the characters ALL seem like American Heroes which they're not. But GI Joe is an American Hero in the context of the line, that's one of its selling points, and if the overseas market don't like it, then collect something else.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    , and if the overseas market don't like it, then collect something else.

easy to say, when your not the one paying the licensing fee. have you ever known a company to turn money down?

No. But, in this case, licensing fees don't apply. Hasbro owns GIJoe 100%.
    Tommy, close your eyes.