Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What online stores do you use?

I'm curious as I've yet to find a replacement for the seemingly defunct r2dtoys which used to get everything I wanted.

I, perhaps unwisely, ordered a big shipment from these guys without asking around if anyone was familiar with them - http://www.toyglobe.com/StarWars.php...FQkouwodGRdB2w - that was almost 2 months ago, I've been charged but have seen no sign of my stuff. So, after-the-fact, has anyone ever used Toyglobe.com?

I've never used (or heard of) Toyglobe. I see they're in the States, so maybe they've shipped to you by surface mail, though I'm not sure that option exists any more. Or it could've got caught up in UK customs. I don't know if it's the same in Ireland, but over here, anything that's been declared with a value of more than around $36 is liable to customs charges, and this often holds it up, as well as making it an expensive purchase. But if you've not heard from them at all, I would give them a call... there's a phone number on their contact page.

As for other recommendations......

From Mos Eisley are very good. I mainly buy Galactic Heroes from them - they seem to get them in first, and at reasonable prices. They sell regular figures as well.

Amazon.co.uk often has good bargains - lctoys is one of their best sellers.

And of course, there's always ebay.... Marktonks is excellent, and gets most of my business. Another seller I've had excellent service from Eclipsetoys.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

I've done a lot of great business with BlueSnagMan on Ebay. I've used Brian's Toys a lot in the past, but not so much anymore. They've always been reliable and have great customer service, but they just have too much overpriced AFA graded stuff these days.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I use HTS for SW. For Dr. Who I use these two sites:

http://jrstoyworld.com/catalog/

http://www.whona.com/mm5/merchant.mv...gory_Code=DWTE
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I use HTS the most and have had pretty good luck with them. They have decent prices and reasonable shipping rates, at least here in the US. Plus you can get alot of discount codes for the site. On the down side, new waves sell out pretty quick, so if you want the latest figures, you have to check constantly. They also have a 1 figure limit on newer items, which is both good and bad. For sales and older items, sometimes they do disable this(I recently ordered 5 Kashyyyk troopers from them).

I've also used Brians Toys, Amazon, K&Ccollectibles, & ToysRUs without too many complaints.

I use hasbrotoyshop.com (HTS) for my single figure purchases.

Otherwise I use razorsedgecollectibles.com (RE)for my figure case purchases, as well as Gentle Giant mini-busts, Halo Kubricks, Halo mini-busts.

I split between entertainmentearth.com (EE) and bigbadtoystore.com (BBTS) for my Halo action figure needs.

The best customer service is hands down Razors Edge for me.

For value is RE for cases and when HTS has a discount code, they are the best to use for single carded figures.

EE is a little expensive, but many times has things other places don't, or they get them in first, so if you're one of those folks who just has to have it, they are a good source. BBTS is relatively on par with EE, though sometimes their prices can be a little cheaper.

So there are several choices. All are good in many ways, just depends on your wants.

-Sal
    Move along, move along

Thanks for the responses guys I'll keep those sites in mind for future referance.

Methinks I will have to contact toyglobe, I'll try email first but if they're anything like R2dtoys used to be they won't respond to that.

Hi,

I havent posted in quite a while but I hope this helps Devo.

www.staractionfigures.co.uk

I have used them a few times now and they are excellent. They are in the UK too, so not to far away. I had bad experiences with r2dtoys and vowed never to use them again. I order from Brians Toys but how ever good they are they are expensive. Also try www.play.com has a few figures in stock now and again.

Alan

p.s. just seen indy 4.
    [font=Arial Black]Never underestimate an Ewok! Sticks and stones break Stormtrooper's bones![/font]
    [font=Arial]"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you."[/font]
    [font=Arial]"Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follow's him"- Obi-wan Kenobi[/font]
    [font=Arial]Great Seller:- Mr JabbaJohnL[/font]

Thanks for that first link Alan, I've just added it to my favourites.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

I don't feel like I order on-line much, but recently found a lot of packing slips, old order forms, and printed confirmation pages. So, what I've mainly used is:

1). HTS... mainly when they have a good discount code for price/shipping
    2). NewForceComics.com - one of the cheapest around
    3). TRU.com
    4). shop.starwars.com