The Official Abandoned Refrigerator Appreciation Thread!

Years ago, I started a thread about abandoned refrigerators. I was going to dig it up in honor of the opening scene of Indiana Jones IV. Alas, I cannot find it.

Please interpret the title as you will. It can either be an abandoned thread for the appreciation of refrigerators, or a thread for the appreciation of abandoned refrigerators.

In either case, please get ready for a very special Punky Brewster....
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'll tell you this... as a person that has had a great deal of experience with old '50s refrigerators, and who has kept a few around in his back yard (saving them from abandonment) for housing plants, I've yet to find a decent "lead lined" model. This is something that I may start to look for, as I'm very concerned about the effects of atomic radiation on my perishables.

Lex Luthor snatched them all up so Superman wouldn't discover his devious plot to spoil the world's lunches.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Lex also didn't want Superman hiding in a lead refrigerator when he broke out the kryptonite. It was a most nefarious plan, because it was two-pronged.

Unfortunately, he forgot to save his lunch money one day, and didn't have enough to buy kryptonite, so the entire plan was for naught.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Of course, Superman couldn't have hidden in a lead-lined refrigerator. The power of the door seal on an abandoned refrigerator far exceeds even his super strength.
    Tommy, close your eyes.