Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Target Exclusive Rancor

I found this Target exclusive today. I got this rancor because I have not got a previous one. I like the war paint on the rancor. The figure is different but is cool. Is anyone else going to get this and what do you think of the war paint and different mold?

At first I really didn't like it but it's kind of grown on me, so I will get it. I actually just got the old Rancor today from a friend who's trying to get rid of his SW stuff, and I have yet to see the TFU version.

Is it $30 or $40? I've heard both.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

It's $40
    Definitely getting it! Targets around here are weird about putting out anything on time. I get tired of going back everyday to check. At 2 per case they may not last long.
    I went ahead and ordered mine from Target.com and it's on it's way.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

I think it looks really cool, but I'm passing as I'm trying to focus mainly on the movies and especially the OT. So, I'm saving a buttload of money this year. I was initially able to pass up on the comic 2-packs, but eventually succumbed to buying many of them, so I guess I don't know for sure.
    Ex-wife to me in the toy aisle: "Why do I sense we've picked up another plastic lifeform?"

Thanks to sebillba for the trade!

Don't worry, if I know anything about Hasbro, you'll see this rancor all over again in a few months just without the blue paint and with another one of those TAC Luke Skywalker figures for ROTJ.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    Don't worry, if I know anything about Hasbro, you'll see this rancor all over again in a few months just without the blue paint and with another one of those TAC Luke Skywalker figures for ROTJ.
    That would actually be cool, but I smell another Target Ultimate Battlepack with Rancor, Luke, Gammorean Guard, Rancor Keeper, maybe the Rancor Keeper's crying buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    .... maybe the Rancor Keeper's crying buddy.
    That's one I've been wanting for awhile now.
    Move along, move along

I'm waiting until they release it as a Return of the Jedi version and then I'll pick it up.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal View Post
    That's one I've been wanting for awhile now.
    Me too. I tried to look up his name in the movie script and all I could find on him was that he was a "Rancor Keeper" too:

21 INT RANCOR PIT

The Rancor Keepers have come into the cage and are examining their dead
    beast. One of them breaks down and weeps. The other glares menacingly
    at Luke, who is unworried. Several guards rush into the holding tunnel
    and take Luke away.

Yousa guys talkin' 'bout Giran?
    Tommy, close your eyes.