Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I was so surprised to see this road sign in my local area. In fact, I rushed home to use a photo altering software just to make sure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Napping_Mandos.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	23408  
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Wah wah! Your photoshoppery could use some work, but very cute.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

This past weekend was our library's annual (is this the 3rd? or 4th?) SW Day celebration. Here are some pics, none with me, as I was the photog. Included are Jedi Elvis (singing SW parodies to Presley hits), and costumed 501st members.

Name:	SWD5-28-11f.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	24949   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SWD5-28-11i.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	24950   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SWD5-28-11b.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	24951  

... and two more, with crowd shots, Vader reading Jack & the Beanstalk, and more costumers.

Name:	SWD5-28-11h.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	24952   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SWD5-28-11e.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	24953  

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    That's why I tend to not make more of an effort to go to that, unfortunately, as it seems exactly like what I feared. No Jedi Training Academy even?
    While this year's SWD was about the same when it came to "events" and fan discussions around the park, there was a cool aspect. They announced a minute before the 2:00pm picture-in-front-of-the-castle photo that there would be a Mary Poppins song performance (again ), so we had to wait until they finished (about 15 minutes later). But... after the pic, they said we'd be able to go over to the Jedi Training Academy and pose for a picture on that stage, WITH THE CHARACTERS! So, this year's group photo likely will have Maul, Vader, 2 troopers, and the cast Jedi knights. Sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    While this year's SWD was about the same when it came to "events" and fan discussions around the park, there was a cool aspect. They announced a minute before the 2:00pm picture-in-front-of-the-castle photo that there would be a Mary Poppins song performance (again ), so we had to wait until they finished (about 15 minutes later). But... after the pic, they said we'd be able to go over to the Jedi Training Academy and pose for a picture on that stage, WITH THE CHARACTERS! So, this year's group photo likely will have Maul, Vader, 2 troopers, and the cast Jedi knights. Sweet!
    Perhaps it would be wise to simply change the timing on the group photo. That is pretty weird that they'd do an unannounced thing that delayed your picture 2 years in a row. At least you got to do the Academy stage thing, that's really cool.

Did you see Asimo at Innoventions? I went on Thursday for my mom's birthday, that was the thing we really wanted to do, and it was pretty darn cool (although Disney put it into a fictional "life" environment that was a lot more cheese than I had been expecting).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I wondered if they'd move the picture time to 1:30 in future years to avoid that "accidental" Mary poppin' in.

I saw Asimo several (many?) years back, and now he seems to be able to do more "stuff" (I didn't recall him being able to run then, and it looks pretty freaky to see that; and he moves his arms and hands more). This time, it was a different family's home.

The 2011 USWD photo is now up, but alas, it isn't the one we took at the Jedi Training Academy. I'm in the back row on the right, near the inserted Threepio, wearing a fedora.

http://www.starwarsdisneyland.com/

Our SW Day event at the local library apparently made it into the most current issue of SW Insider, in picture and blurb forms.

Another local library here has started a SW Day. Theirs seems to be exclusively indoors (good idea, since it was 90 degrees out that day). While I was there, it also seemed mainly kid-centered (balloon lightsabers with TP roll hilts, make-your-own space design picture frame - good for your posed photos with costumed characters, Jedi Elvis as MC with his lightsaber hilt microphone). A friend from the sci-fi book club at the closer library was doing a how-to-draw exhibition of Vader and R2D2. I never saw the trivia contest, and I didn't stay for the Wookiee yell competition/Threepio disco dance/something else. Pretty decent events for the first time.

(it's not letting me post pics now... will try [or do not] later ) ... it's amazing what happens when you complain online...

Name:	5-22-12.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	26176   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5-22-12g.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	26177   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5-22-12b.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	26178