Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    That's pretty boss!

What is that kid doing in the first pic? Oh, that's what he's doing.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Aayla Secura is lookin' a bit doughy in the mid-section.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I didn't notice Fish Boy out of water in the photo... not sure WHAT he's doing.

It was weirder when she'd move during the fights and you could see where she didn't have blue body paint.

Tomorrow is the "other" SW Day that I've attended several times in the past five years or so. Don't think I'll be able to make it this year; delayed Mother's Day activities with... mom!
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

BTW, the "5th annual" (according to their own website [see post #28 in this thread for a link], showing consecutive group photos back to 2005 :newmath: ) Unofficial SW Day at Disneyland, now held the last Sunday of each June, will be 6/24. I shan't be able to attend, due to other commitments. More room in the castle photo for other people now.

I wonder if this year's Unofficial Disney Day at Disneyland will be considered "official" this time.

Our local SW Day at the library this year falls on the 30th anniversary of ROJ. I will be helping out, I believe at some Ewok-themed activity.

Celebrate the love! I was one of the volunteers at the Ewok Drum Circle event at our library's most recent Star Wars Day (held on ROJ's 30th anniversary). Some pretty good costumes and lots of excited kids. Weather was good and clear.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5-25-13dd.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	27498   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5-25-13ii.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	27499   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5-25-13b.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	27500  

Some other photos for everyone. If you live in the Inland Empire area of SoCal, try coming out for next year's SW Day (same time, different year).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5-25-13m.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	27501   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5-25-13q.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	27502   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5-25-13o.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	27503  

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I wonder if this year's Unofficial Disney Day at Disneyland will be considered "official" this time.
    Yeah, that'd be pretty cool. I doubt it'll be this year's, the word would have probably leaked by now, but maybe next year. And I'm still wondering if they'll do something SW for D23 Expo in August.

Keep me in the loop on SW Disneyland Day, I'll try to make it.

Our local SW Day at the library this year falls on the 30th anniversary of ROJ. I will be helping out, I believe at some Ewok-themed activity.
    Celebrate the love! I was one of the volunteers at the Ewok Drum Circle event at our library's most recent Star Wars Day (held on ROJ's 30th anniversary). Some pretty good costumes and lots of excited kids. Weather was good and clear.
    Some other photos for everyone. If you live in the Inland Empire area of SoCal, try coming out for next year's SW Day (same time, different year).
    Very cute, how long did the Ewok drum circle last? Did anybody beat on the trooper helmet? Did anybody bring a copy of Yub Nub to drum to?

The Darth Talon-ette seems a bit "look at me" for a kid event (the actual character is much moreso in her garb though, but there's gotta be other, more kid-friendly female SW characters, doesn't there? Thinking, thinking... hmm, maybe not), but otherwise quite cool.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Yeah, that'd be pretty cool. I doubt it'll be this year's, the word would have probably leaked by now, but maybe next year. And I'm still wondering if they'll do something SW for D23 Expo in August.

Keep me in the loop on SW Disneyland Day, I'll try to make it.
    Sun. June 30th is this year's day. They switched it from Saturdays a couple years back since many passholders had those days blacked out. I'm not sure if I'll make it this time, but I can let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks, too
    Very cute, how long did the Ewok drum circle last? Did anybody beat on the trooper helmet? Did anybody bring a copy of Yub Nub to drum to?

The Darth Talon-ette seems a bit "look at me" for a kid event (the actual character is much moreso in her garb though, but there's gotta be other, more kid-friendly female SW characters, doesn't there? Thinking, thinking... hmm, maybe not), but otherwise quite cool.
    It went from 1-4pm... and almost non-stop. :handssorefromdrumming: The helmet (which was a bank, filled with some change inside) was supposed to be on a drum stand to beat on, but the plastic made no sound really; I turned it over and shook it side to side for percussion. Two small handheld drums were ripped, by the end the bucket drums were totally thu-rashed, and I think we lost a mini drum stick. I had CDs of both the SE ROJ and "original" songs, plus some others. I forgot to change the tracks a couple times, so Emperor's throne room songs played. But no one heard them anyway.

She was the most unusual SW costumer there; the white caped on-lift boots female taking pictures was quite odd. No idea who/what she was supposed to be.

Sun. June 30th is this year's day. They switched it from Saturdays a couple years back since many passholders had those days blacked out. I'm not sure if I'll make it this time, but I can let you know.
    Yeah, keep me in the loop.

It went from 1-4pm... and almost non-stop. :handssorefromdrumming: The helmet (which was a bank, filled with some change inside) was supposed to be on a drum stand to beat on, but the plastic made no sound really; I turned it over and shook it side to side for percussion. Two small handheld drums were ripped, by the end the bucket drums were totally thu-rashed, and I think we lost a mini drum stick. I had CDs of both the SE ROJ and "original" songs, plus some others. I forgot to change the tracks a couple times, so Emperor's throne room songs played. But no one heard them anyway.

She was the most unusual SW costumer there; the white caped on-lift boots female taking pictures was quite odd. No idea who/what she was supposed to be.
    Oh, the helmet being a bank makes a lot more sense, those are pretty inexpensive. Makes sense it didn't drum though, it's PVC, doesn't resonate well.

Kids are pretty brutal with drums, I am not surprised they weren't treated worse. Cool beans on the music you brought, even if nobody heard.