Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comic-Con 2016

Blog Entries

Comic-Con 2016

Someone should have started this thread.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I never did make it out of the waiting room but still got a 4 day thanks to a buying group that I'm in.

As for the usual technical difficulties, the process of entering your reg code took nearly 10 minutes for many in my group. I even had the page stop loading twice before 9 am and had to re-enter code to log in.

Glad you made it, FB.

Glad to hear you got your pass, Figgy B.

Steve just asked me if I was going so we could do the press reg after missing last year, and I had to tell him that I honestly don't know if I want to go next year. Part of me feels like conventions have gotten too much of a crush, too expensive and too many people and too much bother. But part of me had a great time at some of the cons of the last 8 years. I am gonna re-reg my press account, assuming they even take me - they've been more and more picky - and leave my options open.

But D23 Expo may have been it for me, that may have been the last one, I'm not even sure I could do SDCC anymore without handicap access due to my psoriatic arthritis, and I really REALLY don't want to use handicap access, it doesn't feel right to use that.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

Kylo Ren - came from Space Brooklyn, although he moved to Space Williamsburg before it was trendy.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm saddened to learn that, JT. We've had some fun times at cons. Will you be going to Wonder Con this spring?

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    I'm saddened to learn that, JT. We've had some fun times at cons. Will you be going to Wonder Con this spring?
    "Maybe", I simply forgot it existed this last Easter weekend until it was too late, so I'll need to be reminded. It also depends on if I get press credentials approved for SDCC, as they automatically come with Wondercon press credentials.

Kylo Ren - came from Space Brooklyn, although he moved to Space Williamsburg before it was trendy.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Open registration sold out in less than an hour this morning and I was not successful in trying to get preview night. In fact, amongst the people that I normally coordinate with for SDCC badge purchasing, we weren't very successful at all although most like me already had 4 days and were just looking to upgrade.

So with that being said, any help for PN will be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Open registration sold out in less than an hour this morning and I was not successful in trying to get preview night. In fact, amongst the people that I normally coordinate with for SDCC badge purchasing, we weren't very successful at all although most like me already had 4 days and were just looking to upgrade.

A friend of mine may not make it to preview night, but has the full 5-day badge paid for. I will ask him for you. In fact, he may only be there Friday and Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post

Oh geez, that's awful. I hear this stuff and feel so frustrated with SDCC, but I guess that's what Wondercon is for.

A friend of mine may not make it to preview night, but has the full 5-day badge paid for. I will ask him for you. In fact, he may only be there Friday and Saturday.
    Very cool!

Thank you so much!!