Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    This was the first time that our local SW Day was held in mid-afternoon on a Saturday. I volunteered, and was pressed into service as a "character helper." While a Dark Lord of the Sith, flanked by two stormtroopers, would not need it in the films, I was his "bodyguard" or pusher-outta-the-wayer guy. In the pics below, Vader's reading a 'new' version of "Luke and the Beanstalk," Jabba was handing out Madlibs (didn't see one to be able to compare it to the originals), the Jar-Jar dunk tank, and behind-the-scenes in the waiting room with an armed Ewok and Yoda's "midichlorian levels" above the limit. It was a great day weather-wise and crowd attendance was strong.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SWDay5-29-10d+.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	23068   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SWDay5-29-10f+.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	23069   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SWDay5-29-10g+.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	23070   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SWDay5-29-10h+.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	23071  
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Oops. Forgot the Jar Jar picture.

And, no, I don't know any of the people who were in the way of the shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SWDay5-29-10a+.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	23072  

Pretty awesome, although an Ewok with a gatling gun...
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The Imperials in costume "force"d her to hold it. But later, she posed with another Ewok and Darth, where it was "Revenge of the Furballs."

This was the first time (I think) that Disneyland's Unofficial SW Day was held on a non-Saturday. I seemed to notice less people in SW garb around the park. The time for the group photo in front of the castle has always been 2pm. They waited until 2:10 to take it this time, due to anyone still on a ride. What happens? The Main St. Band comes up and does several songs from Mary Poppins, with a few movie characters participating. A stalling tactic, perhaps? But the pic was snapped, just about 15 minutes later than the 10 minutes later time.

It was a nice day, weather-wise, and not too crowded. Ride lines were fine (probably the last time I'll ride Star Tours at DL), and food tasted good.

I'm sorry I had to miss it. I ended up with family obligations I wasn't expecting. I didn't even get to go earlier in the week due to my mother injuring herself.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

They now have the 2010 picture up. I'm in it in the back on the right. I have SW gear on.

A Picture With Some Nerds in It

Very cool. They dropped Captain EO and his ship in there as well. I wish I had been there, stupid screwed up schedule. So what else did you guys end up doing that was Star Warsy?

Uh, we, um, had a picture taken of us. Rode Star Tours before they change the ride. Made SW dialogue comments while waiting in line. Really unique and special things, you know.

This was a fairly dull USWD, to me. I didn't see too many people in SW gear to talk with, sadly.

Did you see REX (the Star Tours pilot, not the clone or Toy Story dinosaur) and Buzz Lightyear in the photo, as well?

That's why I tend to not make more of an effort to go to that, unfortunately, as it seems exactly like what I feared. No Jedi Training Academy even?

I didn't notice Captain Rex (the original) or Buzz Lightyear in there, that's funny. I was looking for you on the right though which is why I noticed EO and not them.