Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Celebrate the love! I was one of the volunteers at the Ewok Drum Circle event at our library's most recent Star Wars Day (held on ROJ's 30th anniversary). Some pretty good costumes and lots of excited kids. Weather was good and clear.
    Looks like a pretty cool event. But that woman's "Only Once, You Live" Yoda shirt is pretty cringetastic. For the love of God, I'm pretty sure they didn't have Twitter on Dagobah.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Looks like a pretty cool event. But that woman's "Only Once, You Live" Yoda shirt is pretty cringetastic. For the love of God, I'm pretty sure they didn't have Twitter on Dagobah.
    How else could Yoda handle being alone so long? Meditation? Think so, I do not.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

For a few reasons (unforeseen car issues mainly, no SoCal summer passes anymore, forecast of close to 100 degrees, etc.), I will unlikely be able to attend this Sunday's Unofficial SW Day at Disneyland.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    For a few reasons (unforeseen car issues mainly, no SoCal summer passes anymore, forecast of close to 100 degrees, etc.), I will unlikely be able to attend this Sunday's Unofficial SW Day at Disneyland.
    That's disappointing to hear, but at the same time this Sunday would probably not be a great day for me to go down there after spending all day tomorrow at Botcon.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I attended the Geeks Who Drink: Let the Wookiee Win event in Denver yesterday and, naturally, won. My friend and sister were participating a little, and my parents wanted to come and watch, but I was the one who answered the questions – I missed six (mostly stupid mistakes or alternate answers they wouldn't accept) out of 80 questions and won $680. Each of the eight rounds had a theme – Mos Eisley, languages, special edition changes, choking, naming characters based on visuals, Imperial army, fill-in-the-blank quotes, and random. Might as well put all this trivial knowledge to good use.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

The 2014 version of our local SW Day event had wonderful weather, and I ended up as a participant for the first time: running the Kids Readers Theater activity. We let the children read from a script (a parent gave me an obvious hint we somehow missed; tell the kids they need to know how to READ before selecting them to volunteer), I read the Prologue from the William Shakespeare's SW book, then they spun the Wheel of Bib Fortuna with different sounds to imitate (beep like a droid, roar like a Wookiee, lightsaber imitation, whine like Luke, etc.).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SWD 5-24-14w.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	28319   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SWD 5-24-14LLL.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	28318   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SWD 5-24-14hh+.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	28317  

Sorry I missed it, sounds like a real blast.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Or attempting a Force push. From the brief time I spoke with the guy behind the armor, I'd go with the "wave" over the "halt." We're a nice [Inland] Empire here.