Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

FU Rancor & Rider (Target Exclusive)

So who is getting this exclusive?
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

I will.

Depending on how the game is, we might want to see the Felucian warrior single carded. Though it does remind you of that Tiki warrior from Scooby-Doo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	witchdoctor.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	17453  
    Move along, move along

I'm getting it. It's arriving by Target.com, though I've already seen it at one local Target but didn't buy it doe!

That Fellucian Rider, and the Rancor is an improvement over the POTF2 one. So basically we are getting two new figures, well a new figure and beast that is.
    Watch they'll reissue the new Rancor in a "Rancor Pit" battlepack.

I like that Tiki warrior Sal, he'd make a cool avatar...googa-booga
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

I got the Rancor last night. It wasn't on the shelf, but the price tag was. So I got one of the workers to check if they had it. They did and brought out two of them. I took one and the other was left on the shelf.

It's freakin' huge. I haven't opened up the box yet to look it all over, but it's nice. Seems worth the $40. In comparison to the other rancor, this one is:
    Bigger
    More articulated
    comes with an action figure.

Those three points alone make it an excellent buy. If I'm not mistaken the previous one was $30. So for the extra $10, you get the three above mentioned points. Not bad at all really.

Oh and don't look for this to clearance either (like the order 66 sets).
    Apparently Targets are not getting too many cases of these. I've heard two reports from different Target employees that say each store is getting 2 maybe 3 cases max. Each case only holds 2 Rancors. So, you can see how difficult this may be to get. Undoubtedly with such a low production of these, Hasbro has planned to rerelease this as the ROTJ Rancor-sans the battle paint of course. Slap on the hardware it was wearing (nose ring and bracelets) and you've pretty much got the ROTJ one. Though to be fair, that one was supposed to be an adolescent Rancor (per EU). If you're not bothered by that, then expect to see this later.

(Possibly as an Ultra battle pack later this year..........)

-Sal
    Move along, move along

Scored the Rancor on Monday finally after a week of haunting Target! It was the last one. I must say this is an awesome toy, and I would have loved to have it when I was little! The rider doesn't strike me as very "Star Wars" but his design is very cool nonetheless. I love all the aliens, and this set certainly delivers! Would be cool if the rider were re-released on his own card or in a battle pack of some sort as he's a great figure. I was thinking that he's the closest thing to a Revwien I bet well ever get in figure form, so he could fit in my cantina setting.
    Most wanted "bottom-of-the-barrel scrapes": ANH: Kal'Falnl C'ndros, Revwien (concept art), Tzizvvt ESB: Wiorkettle, Treva Horme ROTJ: Cane Adiss, Loje Nella TPM: Edcel Bar Gane AOTC: Rogwa Wodrata ROTS: Mon Calamari Dancer, Veedaaz Awmetth, Eeusu Estornii EU: Guri (red outfit), Ket Maliss

I got one today; it was the only one sitting on the shelf. I quite like it. I just got the 1998 Rancor a few days ago, and you can tell that the new one was designed to be like the ROTJ Rancor (look at his teeth). The sculpt really isn't hugely different, just that the arms are longer and bigger and there is more articulation. I was actually expecting it to be a lot bigger than the other one, but I guess not.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I saw this SOB yesterday. I must admit, it looks nice. I didn't get it, but it looks nice.

The figure is ridiculous, though. From an evolutionary standpoint, what sense does it make to evolve tentacles with suckers and hands? Wouldn't tentacles imply an invertebrate, which would have to have some sort of skeleton to even form usable hands?

I guess it looks good on a vidjagame, though.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I saw this in TRU today. I agree the sculpt is cool though the colouring seems far too light and it's not dirty enough. big mofo though. as opposed to the miniscule figure thing that they packed with it. which looks like a few spare parts from failed concepts shoved together and dipped in a paint box.
    When they use this mofo as a ROTJ Rancor and improve the paint apps I'll buy it. but i aint buying this skin condition afflicted version.

Target Rancor

I thought this was a Tagret exclusive not TRU
    Quote Originally Posted by Jargo View Post
    I saw this in TRU today. I agree the sculpt is cool though the colouring seems far too light and it's not dirty enough. big mofo though. as opposed to the miniscule figure thing that they packed with it. which looks like a few spare parts from failed concepts shoved together and dipped in a paint box.
    When they use this mofo as a ROTJ Rancor and improve the paint apps I'll buy it. but i aint buying this skin condition afflicted version.