Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memorial Day

Hybrid View

Memorial Day

I just want to say thanks to all of the veterens out there and for all of those that are currently serving. Thanks Slick and SK and anybody else that I might be forgetting.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    I just want to say thanks to all of the veterens out there and for all of those that are currently serving. Thanks Slick and SK and anybody else that I might be forgetting.
    Ditto for me as well.

Let's add ChrisC to the list! He's in good company with Slick and the home-at-last SK99 !
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Thumbs up

Although, let's not send memorial wishes to current enlisted just yet. Thanks are never really enough, yet we cannot forget even that simple gesture. My family's got a long military service history.

I told my students to remember why they're getting a longer weekend, and I've been wearing my flag, red-white-blue gear, plus my VFW "Buddy Poppy," too.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I'd definitely love to give a big thanks. Compared to what they're doing in Iraq, Afghanistan, and the rest of the areas around the world I've got a cake walk over here. It's got it's stresses but if I get injured it's most likely because I'm a dumbarse and not because someone is out to get me.

I had my day off and spent it getting ready for summer deployment.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

How did I miss this???

I'm definitely with you on this!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Once again, honors and remembrances to those who've served and passed.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Our community center is having their flag disposal urn dedication on Monday. I plan to be there.

And despite the cloudless sky and hot temps, it was a wonderful ceremony. The pictures below don't do it justice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mem 5-26-14e.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	28327   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mem 5-26-14g.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	28328   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mem 5-26-14q.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	28329