Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Iced Tea - the refreshing beverage

I just thought of how nice it would be to have some iced tea.

I actually thirst for just the plain old kind. I just had some like that the other day as a matter of fact.

You can add sugar to it to give it more punch if you'd like.

You can have it with or without caffeine, too.

But ice tea comes in so many flavors, like Snapple, Lipton, NesTea, and many other brands produce.

So I just stopped here to consider iced tea. What a refreshing beverage.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Where have you seen iced tea without caffeine? I've not seen this. And I absolutely refuse to make my own.

I don't really care for iced tea, we used to make a powerful sun tea when living in Arizona that brought more character to the party, but that didn't hold me for long (it was a hell of an amp before I got sick of the strong taste tho'). I don't do caffeine either, so I generally don't bother with iced tea. The one thing I do like about it actually is that it's a clean, small taste, it's not a syrupy soda or something like that. But generally I like very few teas, and all of them are hot teas.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I've actually never looked to see if any teas were decafe.

I suspect that iced tea was invented one day when someone's hot tea cooled and they drank it unheated - though maybe adding ice on a whim.

This takes us back to when ice was invented. I'm referring more to the introduction of refrigeration, though I think primative ice houses were made and insulated against outside heat, while snow was collected and transported inside to keep things cool.

Changing course again, when some of that snow may have been put into cooled tea, iced tea was invented.

If decafe tea exists, then decafe iced tea would surely exist.

But I don't know the answer to that on my own. It would make for a fascinating topic to discuss at our next tea party though.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I've actually never looked to see if any teas were decaf.
    WTF? Seriously... you've never heard of decaffeinated tea? Please tell me you're joking... like with that whole "I loved Transformers" thing that you do.

I'm not joking about how much I loved The Transformers movie! Michael Bay rocks! I bet he enjoys the occasional refreshing quench of his thirst with some iced tea, too.

But no, I've seriously never really taken note of whether tea was decafinated.

But obviously JediTricks has not either, because then he'd have heard of decafenated iced tea.

Because all you have to do to make iced tea from regular tea is to add ice and let it cool. So if you did that to decafinated tea, it would become decafinated iced tea.

Now I think JT was unsure of whether Lipton, NesTea, etc. sold a pre-made, decafinated tea product.

But while the subject of the market for such a product is open for discussion, I'd like to recommend that Michael Bay uses product placement in Transformers 2 for such an item as "Energon Tea," a refreshing iced beverage and they can put the frozen Megatron from Transformers 1 on the product label. That'd be cool.

Then you could have a refrseshing, thirst quenching, iced tea party at which rabid fans could discuss Transformers. Wouldn't that be awesome?!

I recommend iced Earl Grey. Take a pot of water, pour it over a pitcher containing four single tea-bags of EG (or any other type of tea, for that matter), and let it steep (overnight works well). Once it's been out for several hours, remove the bags and put the pitcher in the fridge. It's one of the easiest things in the world to make yourself.

Of course, I dissolve in about a half cup of brown sugar when the water's still superhot, but that's just me. I like my tea sweetened.

Adding ice too early makes the ice melt and waters it down into some nasty brown water.
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 05-30-2008 at 12:15 PM.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm not a fan of any tea, per se, but Mrs. Solo uses a really tasty mint tea when she makes sun tea. A glass of that after cutting the grass is akin to a beer at a hockey game.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

I like a good sun tea now and then. The Earl Grey iced with a touch of Bergamot in it is what I was drinking yesterday. It's good hot or cold. I like the regular Earl Grey though.

It's what Jean-luc Piccard likes" hot" so it must be good.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

I'm a huge iced tea fan. On the road or at home it's my beverage of choice. Not to sound like an elitist but all those iced teas in cans and most of the iced teas in bottles are junk. If a tea is advertised "with Lemon" it is garbage. Ugh, these lemon iced teas taste like serious crap and in no way resemble the flavor of tea.

When I can't brew my own or get traditional iced tea at a restaurant I will treat myself to Arizona Iced Tea. I like the the Ginsing flavor the best but it isn't the most popularly stocked version.

It wasn't until I was out of college that I discovered "sweet tea" down in South Carolina. I had tried sweetening my own tea from time to time but was unaware that down south they served it sweetened. Yum. It's very tasty but can be too sweet sometimes which makes it like drinking candy. (that would have been great when I was 8 but not for my aging pallet) I discovered Uno Pizzeria's serve Mint Sweet Tea!! Oh man, it's awesome!

What's frustrating is when restaurants offer what they call "sweet tea" only to discover that it's one of the many Lemon or Raspberry flavored teas which, as I already mentioned, taste like crap. Clearly some places have no idea what sweet tea is.

At home I use an old Arizona Iced Tea gallon jugs and make dark tea (which sits in the refrigerator while it brews when compared to sun tea which you obviously put in sunlight). I fill it with warm water, drop in 2 Peppermint tea bags, 3/4 to 1 cup sugar and drape 3 normal tea bags out the neck of the jug. In about 3 hours it's ready to go. I remove the 3 tea bags from the jug but leave the Peppermint bags in there until I'm done drinking the tea. That type of tea isn't as long lasting so it doesn't adversely effect the tea flavor if it takes me a few days to drink it down.

I don't always drink my tea sweet. On a hot day after working outside I like my tea unsweetened. If I'm just looking for something to sip on while I'm at the computer or other lazy activities sweet tea is very enjoyable.

I think I'll go get some now...... Yum
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust Port View Post
    What's frustrating is when restaurants offer what they call "sweet tea" only to discover that it's one of the many Lemon or Raspberry flavored teas which, as I already mentioned, taste like crap. Clearly some places have no idea what sweet tea is.
    Especially when it's got the nastified flavoring, but no actual sweetener! How is that "sweet"? Answer me that, Mister Green Lantern.

The only flavored tea I think is any good is Snapple's peach. Not stellar, but drinkable. It used to be better years ago, when Snapple actually was a somewhat small company, before they got bought out by Coke or whatever conglomerate it was that bought them out.
    Tommy, close your eyes.