Thread: RIP Bo Diddley

RIP Bo Diddley

If not for Bo, we'd all be listening to swing and hillbilly music. He may not have invented rock & roll, but he was one of the most important early pioneers.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

His continuing to have to tour at age 70 is just one more example of how the music industry screwed over artists 'back in the day.'

It was amazing what he accomplished with a home-made guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    If not for Bo, we'd all be listening to swing and hillbilly music. He may not have invented rock & roll, but he was one of the most important early pioneers.
    Much like Marty McFly.

"Bo you don't know diddly!"
    - Bo Diddly

- for those of you your later 20's or older you might remember that quote from a shoe commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    "Bo you don't know diddly!"
    - Bo Diddly

- for those of you your later 20's or older you might remember that quote from a shoe commercial.
    I feel guilty, that my first experience with him was the "Bo Knows" commercials.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

An actor dies and everyone lines up to quote them or say they'll be missed. A musical genius leaves us and 24 hrs later there's still only a couple posts about it.