Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Maris Brood reviewed (just a little.)

It's almost easy enough to predict that Hasbro will blow it with a female figure like this. So easy in fact, that you could probably write a quick review without actually having bought or ever even seen the figure in person. Sadly, that idea didn't occur to me until after I'd gone and spent $7-ish. (Next time I may just use this as a template and fake it.)

Here again, we don't know enough about the subject to decide if we like or dislike the character, or if this figure "nails it" and looks anything like the person from the new Force Unleashed game. But at this point I think we're all pretty familiar with the whole naughty female Jedi gone bad concept, to where it's safe to say that Hasbro probably managed to do a good job of capturing this character's likeness.

But whatever... the toy itself is sort of lame, so it really doesn't matter.

First up, why does Hasbro feel the need to use the saucy contrapposto (look it up) pose with female figures? (The pose that actually makes her look like she might have scoliosis.) Also, why give her arms a million points of articulation, but no bendable knees? As well, please explain to me why a figure that clearly only uses a pair of lightsabers comes with a hand (left) posed for using a blaster?

Other than that the sculpt is decent, the paint is so-so, and the included lightsabers are pretty cool (even if they do have those weird numbers on them for whatever reason.) As a matter of fact, if Hasbro had decided to take this figure a little more seriously, it could have turned out pretty cool all around.

As is... I'd give her a 6 out of 10.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11_brood01.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	17506   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11_brood04.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	17507   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11_brood05.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	17508   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11_brood10.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	17509   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11_brood11.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	17510  

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    First up, why does Hasbro feel the need to use the saucy contrapposto (look it up) pose with female figures? (The pose that actually makes her look like she might have scoliosis.) Also, why give her arms a million points of articulation, but no bendable knees?
    This is definitely the part you can copy and paste next time. And I agree with pretty much all of your review.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

They forgot to sculpt the underboob, which is the most important part.

(The actress who "plays" her is pretty easy on the eyes, for the record.)
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    They forgot to sculpt the underboob, which is the most important part.
    Ahhh JJL... I remember when you were but a boy... and now you are a man.

That's pretty funny. I was going to mention the undercupping, but decided not to bother. I'd bet that they have some kind of rules against it... as odd as that sounds.

I hadn't noticed the numbers on the sabers, is it possible they're mold cavity numbers to identify which cavity they come from in the mold? This would be sloppy on the designers' part, but that's what you get when you go with Chinese moldmakers sometimes.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    is it possible they're mold cavity numbers to identify which cavity they come from in the mold?
    Yeah, it's something like that. And now that I think about it, it's not the first time I've seen that... maybe even the last time they used those saber handles. (I'm drawing a blank. Who had those saber handles also?)

This figure is still better than the Vader
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

The sabers are new, as far as I can tell, and I've never seen another accessory in this line that had cavity numbers like that, pretty cheesy.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah, it is sloppy. The G.I. Joe figures and weapons are covered in tiny numbers.

I'm not as surprised there, they were never as careful of such things with Joe. Basically, a mold for an accessory can make dozens of the same design at once, they are gang molded in a single mold, each weapon has its own cavity and each cavity is numbered, making it easier to identify where a problem has developed without scrapping the whole mold to figure it out.