Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robocop 4

Robocop 4

Looks like Robocop is getting a fourth movie come 2010. A movie poster was shown at the 2008 licensing show Tuesday. At this point though it is too early to tell if this is indeed a sequel to the existing movies (like Crystal of the Kingdom Skull) or if this is a franchise reboot (like Batman Begins).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Robocop 4.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	17515  
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Oh. God. No.

Unless this is a proper RoboCop 3 that doesn't suck butt. In which case, bring it on.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

You feel bad now Chux you might not want to hear this. There are also plans for a new Death Wish movie, which will star Sylvester Stallone as the Vigilante.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Robocop needs no rebooting, what the hell?

"Hi, we're out of ideas, got any new ones?"

"Nope, but I think we own some movies from the '80s that we could remake poorly with flashy CGI effects in place of competent moviemaking, will that do?"

"You betcha!"
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Ugh.

Think I'd rather watch Joust the movie.

I think from here on out I'm going to only go to Pixar and Dreamworks movies. At least those have some heart and decent characters in them.

These 80s property rehashes are just really sucking.

And I agree that this slew of movies in the last few years are a testiment to the fact that most of the writing talent has retired.

I'm sure it's a total reboot after the awfulness of RoboCop 3.

And sheesh, the RoboCop poster looks more like Cyclops: The Movie.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Maybe they could paint him in camo, send him on a military mission with Ed-209, and he could ride on his back, and they could finally become buddies.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Does anybody have any original ideas anymore? Almost all movies are a superhero, sequal/prequal/remake, or some movie based off a videogame. The videogame industry has more originality to it then hollywood. Maybe they should steal some of their writers.

I know, Robocop 1 and Robocop 2 (only with a good guys brain) and Ed-209 (who's kinda the dumb guy of the three amigo-robos) fight a off an evil Transformer-ultimate-robo-type-machine, Robocop 4.

Robocop turns into Robo-rent-a-cop security guard because he's obsolete again. Replaced by Robo-cop 4, who's gone hay-wire, and he has to get his obsolete buddies Robocop 2 and Ed 209 to help defeat Robocop 4. It's the classic underdog story.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Oh good, let's turn Robocop into another AVP series.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.