Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

QUESTIONS FOR HASBRO - round 53

Please post your VOTE for up to 6 {six} of the questions provided in this thread, letting us know which ones you most want to see asked on June 27th. Keep in mind that your votes in round 52 do not count in this round, so if your question is still on the list you may want to vote for it again.

Also, feel free to post new questions. For reference, here are Hasbro's answers to previous SSG questions; to ActionFigs.com's questions; and from other sites. The questions we asked last round can be found here.

Current questions (vote for up to 6):

1. - Twice during the prequels, a vehicle toy's MSRP was dropped significantly without any changes to its mold - the first being the Episode I Naboo Royal Starship which went from $100 to $50, and the second being the Republic Gunship which in the Saga line was $40 but subsequent releases were $30. What were the causes of these price drops? Why hasn't this happened with other vehicles in similar high pricepoints?
    2. - What are the requirements that a retailer must go meet to get a Star Wars exclusive, do they have to be a certain size company, make a certain number of Hasbro orders a month, etc.? Is there some sort of process that a retailer has to go through to get an exclusive, do they work with Hasbro on what item to produce or is it out of their hands?
    3. - A few times in Q&A's history, you've suggested collectors submit their local stores' pegwarming data to you so Hasbro store reps can get these problems fixed. Some of the stores did show signs of improvement in this department, however others still suffer old TSC pegwarmers (Moff Jerjerrod is pretty consistent) and show absolutely no signs of moving, and the reports on these were coming in from all over the country. What if anything was done to fix the problem, and what will be done in the future? If nothing else, having several Hasbro Star Wars pegs filled up with very old product is going to hamper sales of newer product hurting your business and hindering collectors' ability to get new figures.
    4. - 2007 was likely the best year ever for army builders. Every trooper - with the exception of the McQuarrie Concept figures - was widely available in large numbers, even in the heavily competitive Los Angeles area. Several battle packs reflected the love of army builders. Even the troops from the 2006 Saga line were available far into the year due to the delay in the TAC. Is this the distribution model Hasbro will be using from now on, where troops will be plentiful and the previous year's assortment will available into the next year's line?
    5. - The Order 66 packs from last year were great and the new ones out now look just as good. How long will it be before we start to see these clones sold on their own though? It would be great to army build them but not on a 1 to 1 ratio with their Jedi commanders.
    6. - Although the Cruisemissile Trooper vehicle has its share of detractors, including those at Hasbro, the concept and design have some fun and interesting toy merits, though not fully realized. Perhaps the original design could be embellished and resized to fit into either the current Starfighter Vehicle pricepoint or a Battle Pack or other smaller medium. And of course, this time around it could have a removable pilot and cooler features to make it a fun new vehicle with unique Star Wars credibility. Would Hasbro ever consider making an update to this vehicle with design and features befitting the modern line?
    7. - With the ROTS line, we got a couple vehicles that have removable droid slots, but due to some issues, the droids don't actually work that well with them. Both ships have enjoyed repaints, the Jedi Starfighter almost too many to count, so there are plenty of droid slots in collectors' hands which don't actually accommodate astromech droid figures. The ARC-170 holds the figure too high and so loose that play is hampered; the JSF also holds the figure too high and the mold cavity doesn't actually have enough room to accommodate the feet despite trying; and those aren't the only vehicles with droid slot issues - the Naboo Fighter and Y-wing suffer dedicated droid domes instead of actual droid slots. Granted, Lucas approved prequel designs that "bend" physics to get astromechs into their slots, but with the figures I've experimented with this and found many astromech droids would fit if only they didn't have their feet. But collectors shouldn't have to hack off their droids' feet, so might Hasbro consider making a "pilot" astromech body that could have removable lower legs, perhaps for the Naboo Fighter separately removable legs as well?
    8. - With the July 26th street date for the new Star Wars lines, this comes during the most popular day of San Diego Comic-Con (midnight madness is the night after SDCC's Star Wars day). Many of the Star Wars collecting community will be attending the event that same weekend and won't have a chance to hit a local Toy's R Us or other retailer to grab up all the new product scheduled to come out. Will HasbroToyShop's SDCC booth be offering any of the new lines' items?
    9. - In a recent Q&A, you stated that the upcoming Legacy Collection Darth Vader will likely be your "definitive" Vader, you are having a hard time coming up with more features to add to the character. However, one area still needs addressing, that of his battle-damaged removable hand. In the movie, Luke cuts it off at the wrist, but the articulation on the TLC Vader seems to sport glove articulation which is further back than wrist and can't be popped off to simulate this damage. While a small issue, it does hold the figure back from being definitive. Will it see a change in the future, perhaps as a running change, or a re-release? Also, what about definitive versions for each movie, since the costume changes?
    10. - How are the Wal-Mart exclusive Droid Factory 2-packs going to be shipped? Cases of just 1 set, or cases with all 6 sets? Wal-Mart.com recently had the Hoth Han and K-3PO set in stock, but the other 5 sets still aren't available.
    11. - Although we know that you've handed the baton off to Sideshow for the 12" line, in a recent Q&A you answered that you were thinking of making a return to the scale but had made no decisions. You've got 12" Indiana Jones figures simultaneously as Sideshow's, and The Clone Wars seems to have more kid factor which means a need for a lower pricepoint, which isn't Sideshow's thing, showing both precedent and motive for Hasbro restarting a 12" Star Wars line. If you were going back to 12", how about re-releasing some of the better 12" figures of the past, like Vintage-style Boba Fett, R2-D2 with tools, the Jawa, C-3PO - stuff like that which Sideshow isn't really focusing on right now - to test the waters?
    12. - The relic pack-ins with the Indy figures are a great idea, and many of us are enjoying collecting these almost as much as the figures themselves. Will they continue with the 2009 waves, or will you switch to a different bonus? A good alternative might be some of the various creatures Indy encounters, such as snakes, spiders, scorpions, bugs and rats. What do you think?
    13. - Concerning Hasbro's Clone Wars CGI line, will you be making any of the Separatist Leaders into figures? How about Destroyer Droid, Super Battle Droid, and IG-100 Magnaguard figures, will we be getting any/all of them in the line?
    14. - One of the scenes talked about a lot from Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is the "nuke the fridge" scene. Would Hasbro make a deluxe figure representing Indy and his life-saving refrigerator? Would Hasbro design the fridge pre-blast "clean" or with battle damage?
    15. - Understanding that Mighty Muggs are a popular item, it seems that most stores rarely have any of these figures, and when they do it's only sparingly and from the latest wave. Will there be an increase in production of the line, or at least more product hitting stores, including older figures from the earlier waves?
    16. - The last time the "midnight madness" question was asked back in April, the answer was "yes, similar plans and activity to 2005 with the launch of Ep III toys, but too early to talk about". Now that we are a month away, are there any more details that can be given out about Midnight Madness 7/26 openings? And will this release date for The Legacy Collection & Clone Wars product be worldwide?
    17. - The Hasbro Star Wars team has discussed in previous Q&As their favorites and personal wishlists from the movies. Any hints though as to what characters might be on the team members' various Expanded Universe wishlists?
    18. - Back on August 17th, you answered SSG's question about the TX-130 tank toy by saying "We have looked at the TX-130 and it is a cool vehicle, but right now would only go after it if it was featured in the upcoming Clone Wars animation." On October 22nd, you answered AF's question about the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid with "We have looked at this, but it would need animation support to make it happen." Now we have total confirmation that both vehicles will feature in the Clone Wars CGI animation, as well as the Droid Gunship - and all 3 of these vehicles are now being made by LEGO (the Tank Droid they did for ROTS). What are the chances now of getting toys of the Tank Droid, the TX-130, and even perhaps a Droid Gunship from Hasbro? The first 2 would make excellent $20 entries and satisfy fans of the Clone Wars, ROTS, and the Battlefront video games.
    19. - Concerning Indiana Jones, with the end of the pack-in relics next year, might there be another way for fans to get their hands on the cardboard crates - not assembled is fine - so that they can build up their Area 51 displays?

Vote now, and suggest new questions too. Thanks for participating!

New question,

If and when you decide to make Toonbuck Toora from AOTC, would you make Rogwa Wodrata using Toora's body and just sculpt a new head for Rogwa since they both have the same body type and costume?

Howsabout:

Love it or hate it, the so-called "nuke the fridge" scene in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull has drawn a lot of attention. Might a deluxe figure be made with Dr. Jones and the life-saving, lead-lined refrigerator? If so, would the fridge be "clean" or have battle damage?

Can the question I proposed last week possibly be simplified to something like:

Many of the "army builder" figures are tough to find, whether because of their rarity, the desire of many collectors to build large armies, or (most likely) a combination of the two. However, most of these that are tougher to find are not kept in production or reissued. Have you considered possibly releasing one or two case assortments per year comprised entirely of reissued army builder characters--and not just Clonetroopers and Sandtroopers--to keep these figures in the mix?

(JT, I have no idea where you're shopping if the TFU army builders are not tough to find, but I took them out of this version.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Droid View Post
    New question,

If and when you decide to make Toonbuck Toora from AOTC, would you make Rogwa Wodrata using Toora's body and just sculpt a new head for Rogwa since they both have the same body type and costume?
    I like this one. Ask this one!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Can the question I proposed last week possibly be simplified to something like:

Many of the "army builder" figures are tough to find, whether because of their rarity, the desire of many collectors to build large armies, or (most likely) a combination of the two. However, most of these that are tougher to find are not kept in production or reissued. Have you considered possibly releasing one or two case assortments per year comprised entirely of reissued army builder characters--and not just Clonetroopers and Sandtroopers--to keep these figures in the mix?

(JT, I have no idea where you're shopping if the TFU army builders are not tough to find, but I took them out of this version.)
    EC, I can't find the TFU army builders either, but as far as that question goes, it has been asked multiple times and the answer is always the same... no. I'll see if I can find these questions and which site.
    Ex-wife to me in the toy aisle: "Why do I sense we've picked up another plastic lifeform?"

Thanks to sebillba for the trade!

I have a new question concerning Mighty Muggs.

I understand that the Mighty Muggs are a popular item, but it seems that lately most stores appear to never have any of these figures or occassionally only have figures from the latest wave. Will their be an increase in shipping these to stores and will older characters from past waves continue to ship for those of us who have not been able to find them all?

Question:

Recently pics of the new Imperial Pilots set have surfaced with a Razor Squadron Clone Pilot in the set. Have you considered doing a Clone Pilot from the Animated series who piloted the shark teeth Gunship who is basically the same minus the "Razor" markings, perhaps on a single card with gun turrets for our Gunships? With the soon to be released Quad Gunner in Lagacy wave 2, He and his Co-pilot are the only ones missing from this series of blue trimmed Clones.

Or something to that effect.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

I'm sorta of the mind that, if enough people ask the same question enough times in slightly different forms, the point will sink into even the hardest heads at Hasbro.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

New question,

Is there any way you can strengthen the legs on the Tri-Droid if you decide to ever rerelease it, or retool and release it as the Octuptarra Droid?