Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Geez, all those "National _____ Day" holidays are an entirely different beast! National Ice Cream Day (some time in March?), National Library Week (in April, I think), National Make Up a National Day Day (Feb. 30th?)...
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Ease up on the P&R, this thread may get shut down, better to start a new thread in the pit.
    You started it!!!

Anyway, I did split off that flag-burning conversation into the Pit:

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=38266

But I still suspect flag day is less recognized in our nation than groundhog's day.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    You started it!!!

But I still suspect flag day is less recognized in our nation than groundhog's day.
    Actually, I may have started "it" with my submitting this as a new thread...

Sadly, you are probably correct. See your shadow, make the news. Flags just aren't "newsworthy," I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Flags just aren't "newsworthy," I guess.
    Unless some "un-american" isn't wearing lapel pin.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Actually, I may have started "it" with my submitting this as a new thread...
    Bann'd!

Sadly, you are probably correct. See your shadow, make the news. Flags just aren't "newsworthy," I guess.
    I still say a holiday based on the adoption of a symbol is pretty much destined to be ignored.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I still say a holiday based on the adoption of a symbol is pretty much destined to be ignored.
    Right, like Christmas or Hanukkah.. Ooops, sorry, JK by the way. I get what you mean, the symbol is not as important as the thing itself.
    May the force be with you.

Flag day is the celebration of the adoption of a symbol, doesn't that seem a little convoluted?

All those parade watchers and participants in the rain and wind 'round here in LA and SoCal are showing why MLK Jr. Day is quite appreciated.

Nothing says equality like Mattress, Linen, and Patio furniture sales.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    Nothing says equality like Mattress, Linen, and Patio furniture sales.
    Yes, but everyone gets the same low, low price. Would that have been true before MLK?