Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    What abut All Saints Day? I suppose since its just a Catholic holiday it really isn't represented outside churches...

I didn't read all the posts, but what about V-Day? Thats an important day in history and we're just letting it pass by!
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJediGirl View Post
    I didn't read all the posts, but what about V-Day? Thats an important day in history and we're just letting it pass by!
    This year I posted as my status on FB "Happy V-E Day + 65 Years" and "Happy V-J Day + 65 Years" as a small way of reminding people of what happened.

I also 'remind' people of Lord Nelon's victory over the combined fleets of France and Spain in one of the most famous sea battles ever: The Battle of Trafalger.

I forgot to post about yesterday as Armed Forces Day, but I didn't forget to remember.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I can remember 6/14 as Flag Day, but Armed Forces Day (5/15) seems to slip my mind.

Apparently, July 6th is National Fried Chicken Day. Where were the weekend ads and sales, the parades, the merchandise, the time-and-a-half paid holidays?

Not even SSG deems Labor day worthy of bottom-of-the-main-page notice today? Not working today, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Not working today, I guess.
    I'll be going in to work in just a little while

Can you say, "Holiday pay?"
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post

I'll be going in to work in just a little while

Can you say, "Holiday pay?"
    I labored on Labor Day as well.

Or what about over-hyped days? (discounting the Veteran's day aspect, which does deserve appreciation)

So, where were you at 11:11 on 11/11/11?