Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Today is my mothers birthday, although not many people know that.

Today was Leadbelly's birthday. Some other dude got dibs on the holiday, though.
    That's my jacket!

Where "text" & "friend" are (n) & "fail" is (v)
    Once again, not even a shadow of Groundhog's Day on the SSG Forums events list. No early spring for you!
    From Star Wars Episode VII: the Broadway Edition... FN and the Amazing Technically-Poe's Dream Jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by 2013 Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Why do I have the urge to storm something French today...?
    Hmm; odd, that such an urge doesn't exist for me today. How do you say "que lastima" in French?
    From Star Wars Episode VII: the Broadway Edition... FN and the Amazing Technically-Poe's Dream Jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Dr. Bel-Cam Jos Jr. Heavyweight Champion of the World View Post
    I don't know if MLK Jr. Day is under appreciated in the US, but I do know many people aren't aware of when it is on the calendar.
    Most of my students knew that's why they have a 3-day weekend. But only "most." I made sure to at least inform them all.

Why am I just finding out now that May 23rd is World Turtle Day? (well, because it's only been around since 2000, perhaps)

Labor Day... the day that USED TO signify the "end" of summer and the beginning of the next school year. Big shout-out to all the laborers, trying their best to relax today (or keep on working).

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Labor Day... the day that USED TO signify the "end" of summer and the beginning of the next school year. Big shout-out to all the laborers, trying their best to relax today (or keep on working).
    Interestingly enough, LAUSD's school board is now going to vote on shifting the start of school BACK to after Labor Day beginning next year, claiming that the district is spending too much on cooling costs during August. I'm in favor of the way we have it now, with the exception that we end school the second week of June, when we should be ending at the end of May. If it goes into effect, next summer will be especially long for me.

I've never been a fan of the early-August start (main reason was the heat & a/c issues), except when May comes around, of course. I would be fine with even a late-August (around the 20th or so) start, but the Labor Day time would be acceptable again, too.