Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation That's No Moon, It's A Playset!!!!!!!!!!

"I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

NO WAY! That's freaking awesome! The price has me cringing. 21 mini-figures and the size, I'm guessing it's got to be 2,500 plus pieces. So the price going to be over $200. But my gods what an awesome set. I can't wait to hear more details.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

That is freakin' epic! Took 'em long enough! Why couldn't they do this sort of thing with Echo Base and some of the other concepts we took to them? Still, this is rad - expensive as hell probably, but rad.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I don't know if it's been confirmed or if this is just a rumor, but word is that the DS listing price is $399. If it's true that explains why my wallet hurts, but that is a must have.
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Droid View Post
    What's up with the white IG-88?
    That's the IG droid that integrated itself into the Death Star 2's main computer. It's an EU story from quite a few years ago (I think it was in tales of the bounty hunters.) It's a nice nod to the EU people or just a background figure for the rest of us.

That looks awesome. I really like that each chamber has a part in the movie. If it is $400 I will be very reluctant to buy it, However it will really be hard to pass up a set like this especially since they don't have sets this big very often. I will probably decide when I actually see it.

$400 is insane, unthinkably high, not a toy anymore, I can't believe they'd be that foolish.

Yeah, the new Luke ANH wig is silly-looking, what are they thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    That's the IG droid that integrated itself into the Death Star 2's main computer. It's an EU story from quite a few years ago (I think it was in tales of the bounty hunters.) It's a nice nod to the EU people or just a background figure for the rest of us.
    First off, that's IG-88 who merged with the DS2, and second, while I thought that's what they were going for as well, if you notice, the white droid is working on the Death Star Droid in the shot.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    I really hope that's not the case. That EU story convinced me that Kevin J. Anderson was one of the worst Sci Fi writers ever and did more to push me in being anit-EU than nearly anything else.

I seem to remember a photo of the Emperor's arrival that had a number of droids in it. In addition to the black R2 units, like R2-Q5, I thought there were a number of other droids. I don't remember if their were protocol droids or not. My other thought is that it's some kind of ASP worker droid.

Edit: Oh the mini-figure count is wrong. There's 24! Look at top edge of the box. There's two Stormtroopers, Royal Guards and Death Star Troopers, which is a very good thing in my opinion. And this white droid is marked as special. Notice the yellow box out lining it? Mysteries to ponder.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane