Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The New V-wing Appreciation Thread

I was playing with my V-wing this morning and still am quite pleased with how this vehicle turned out. I have to say, I think I like it better than the Jedi Starfighters (the E3 ones being my preference there).

But looking at all the fighter craft we've gotten made into toys from the Star Wars movies, I have to say that the V-wing really stands up well.

Others might be the 1995 X-wing (I like it) and Darth Vader's TIE Fighter.

Firing missiles are a favored feature for me, and as such I of course appreciate Jango's Slave-One.

I also like flying vehicles, or the Hailfire Droid would have just automatically taken the crown.

Electronic features are cool though and the '95 X-wing was a lot of fun. I really don't understand why after all these years (13 years darn-it!) we haven't gotten a TIE Fighter with electronic sounds in it and that signature Ben Burt engine roar sound!

A TIE Interceptor with firing missiles, ejecting wings, and a sound chip would just ROCK!

I do think I want to get my Jedi Starfighters (E3) out of storage. The ARC 170 is also still a good ship!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'm still waiting for them to make the Imperial version.

I guess that would be all-gray? I didn't notice if that's how they appeared in the film - or if both colorations appeared.

There were two scenes with V-wing flybyes: with Palpatine's shuttle carrying the wounded body of Darth Vader back to the medical facilities on Coruscant, and at the end of the picture, patrolling the construction of the first Death Star.

That might be the use of the red and then the gray V-wings right there, but I can't say I ever remember to notice.

The most obvious thing to me is that the solar panels do not fold right on the toy's design. The lower panel should rotate BEHIND the ship, not under the upper wing. The whole landing sequence of the ship kind of reminded me of a grasshoper folding its legs or something after it jumps. The toy is really cool but doesn't even try to achieve this. I see Hasbro's motivation there being that it could incoporate static, non-positionable landing gear on the lower wing by doing it this way. Nickels and dimes...OK, well maybe dollars.

But the V-wing is still darn cool even though I think it has the greatest inaccuracy out of most of the ships right there.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

My only complaint is it's a smidge too small - and the droid should be removeable.
    To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy

while I agree that the V-Wing is a great ship and would love to see a TIE Interceptor (like the one Tycho mentioned) i would also love to see the V-Wing from the EU (Rogue Squadron).
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

We really need a new V-wing with a big red Imperial insignia on the wings and then charge $50 and sell it as an exclussive with a figure!
    Ex-wife to me in the toy aisle: "Why do I sense we've picked up another plastic lifeform?"

Thanks to sebillba for the trade!

I looked at my v-wing the other day, and it pretty much caused me to decide to sell the vast majority of my prequel vehicles. I'm frustrated with the scale issues more than anything - I just can't believe they'd make a special tiny r2 unit for the v-wing instead of gluing a regular one on there. The ARC 170 was a pretty good ship as well, but when I compared it to my gunship and saw that it was bigger - I just couldn't have them out for display together any longer. I might even get rid of my gunship - and to me it's the crown jewel of the Hasbro prequel vehicles.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

i just have a small question about the v-wing.the wings are always different in all the pics i see which ones are right?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	351531d9cd67_Main400.jpeg 
Views:	43 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	17649   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3486137a363a_main400.jpeg 
Views:	45 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	17650  

None of those are right. Hasbro's photo-minions aren't familiar enough with the vehicle to properly pose it. The wings are either displayed open like that red Titanium version but with the lower wings also open, or closed but rotated forwards unlike that gray version. The 3.75" figure line's vehicle can ONLY do those 2 versions.

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason View Post
    I looked at my v-wing the other day, and it pretty much caused me to decide to sell the vast majority of my prequel vehicles. I'm frustrated with the scale issues more than anything - I just can't believe they'd make a special tiny r2 unit for the v-wing instead of gluing a regular one on there. The ARC 170 was a pretty good ship as well, but when I compared it to my gunship and saw that it was bigger - I just couldn't have them out for display together any longer. I might even get rid of my gunship - and to me it's the crown jewel of the Hasbro prequel vehicles.
    Yeah, that's totally "reason"able. It's around a 15% difference from the dedicated droid to the regular figure one, doesn't bother me because most vehicles are underscaled, and it's not like we got a good look at the vehicle in the movie anyway.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.