Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What is the best and worst 12" figure?

So, what is your personal most and least favorite 12" figure, and why?

I haven't decided what my choices are just yet, but 2 possibilities for most favorite are Bossk and Capt Tarpals. I'll get back to you w/ my final answer.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

this is gonna be hard, because there is so much good and so much crap. the worst are the female figures with the barbie doll bodies, except the portrait editions which were very well done. the furry chewbaccas are also horrible, but so is the plastic one.
    the pit droids and battle droids are a waste of plastic.

my favorites:

electronic boba fett transplanted to a new super joe body and removable helmet and head that resembles jango.

ponda baba. i know he was a shelf warmer, but he looks really cool out of the box.

bossk. very well done. very accurate.

jedi luke with bib fortuna.

leia bousch head and costume transplanted on a g. i. jane body.

chancellor valorum, episode 1 obi wan, maul with speeder,

but my number one favorite is the biker scout and speederbike. oh yea, i also put the uniform on a super joe body and gave him a removable helmet.

There are a lot to choose from in POTF2 but since this is POTJ, I'm a bit more limited. Bossk is a great figure and the Speederbike and Biker Scout is a fantastic overall set.

On the loser side:

I didn't even bother buying 4-LOM, but I also avoided Luke w/ Yoda and all of the Death Star Trooper wave. However, 4-LOM still looks like crap to me, so that one is my pick.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I am just going to combine them all POTF, POTJ, EPI.

IMO the worst one is the Chewbacca with no real hair version. I absolutely HATE that figure. I know a lot of people like it better than the real hair ones. I don't like the cowardly lion look either but this other version of Chewbacca looks terrible to me. It really bugs me that we don't have a kick-arse 12 inch Chewbacca.

It's really hard to pick the best one. I really like a bunch of them. There is not one for me that stands out as the overall best one like my pick for the worst.

I really like Jedi Luke with Cloak, Snowtrooper, Tusken Raider, Biker Scout, Bossk, Tapals with Kaadu and others.

I will give it to Luke in X-Wing Gear. When his helmet is on him that is.
    Do or do not. There is no try.

The best 12" figures are Bossk and Ig-88 for thier detail, R2-D2 with tools and Snowtrooper I just love this figure, the only thing that he needed was a scale blaster with tripod, so I gave him one, check it out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture.jpeg 
Views:	31 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	718  
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Here's another shot of Snowtrooper with custom gun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture.jpeg 
Views:	32 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	720  
    (Like my posts)

I forgot about the worst, it would have to be the Jawa, EP1 anakin and the first Vader.
    (Like my posts)

I actually think the Jawa is pretty good, but you have to not only remove it from packaging to enjoy it, but you also have to pull the hood WAY over the front of the figure's face. For some reason, the hood doesn't want to stay way out in front and slightly over the face of this figure, probably due to the stitching, but if you can get the fabric hood pulled forward, I think the figure looks very accurate.

I also really love R2-D2 with tools, funny how it and the other Wal-Mart exclusive astromech, R5-D4, are really fantastic figures, yet Wicket (the 3rd in the wave) is really bad.

BTW Turbowars, cool e-web cannon!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

My favorites are Death Star Trooper, Yoda, Mace Windu, Sebulba, Darth Maul & Electronic Boba Fett. I think the worst ones are Battle Droid & EPI Anakin.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I have to give the medal to Bossk. He just owns. The all-important head sculpt is beautiful. The hands and feet are nice, and the costume is amazing! The detail on the costume is just beautiful. He's got all those little plastic and fabric accessories. There's enough articulation, and the over-all appearance is just perfect.

Other favorites are the Tusken Raider which looks fantastic (but could really use elbow joints--especially if he's to hold that gaffi stick up!), Bib Fortuna and electronic Vader.

Vader looks really, really nice over-all. Sure the mask isn't quite right, but that's to be expected, I guess, considering they had to have it come apart in the 3 pieces, and fit a human head in there. And that head is awesome! Poor old dying Anakin is captured perfectly in that sculpt. The details are amazing; the facial features, scars and paint. The costume is fantasic. The cape is the weakest point on it, but with the updated version in the Sith two-pack, they added the chain which looks pretty cool (though should be black, if we are to nit pick further...). He looks great posed.

Darth Maul was also done very well. I'm rather fond of the first Yoda.

What sucks? Well, quite a few as you well know! No particularly hated one comes to mind. But I will say this: I'm mostly a fan of aliens at this scale, and Greedo was at the top of my want list. He just didn't come together for me. The sculpt had detail... It just didn't look good. Remember how the first modern 4" Greedo suddenly didn't look so accurate when COMMTech Greedo came out? Yeah well, 12" Greedo just doesn't pull it off. And the costume is ghastly!

Who's idea was it to make a leather flight suit look like satin pajamas...?

Awful. The vest that, in the film, looks almost like a life jacket, is a flimsy little affair on the figure. The pastel orange boots look little juice bars without the popsicle sticks. Even the hands suck. They look like they were sculpted for a Playskool Greedo.

Hmm. Maybe I do have a most hated 12"...