Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation About Midnight Madness.......

Im not sure if this has been asked yet but...what would be a good time to get in line or start a line for the midnight madness release? If there is one.

I know that im probably going to start a line or get in line between 930 pm and 1030 pm. Thats at toysrus if they decide to do it in wich i think they will but if walmart decides to do it...my walmart is 24 hours supercenter so i wont have to wait out side i can just walk in and wait around the toy isle for them to set up...thats what i did back in 2005...i just stood there watching and waiting.
    But back then my walmart and toysrus both had a midnight madness at the same time..so ill more than likely go to toysrus this time around....its been since episode one that have gone to toysrus for midnight madness.

And toysrus will probably have more than walmart will. Knowing that my main priority is the falcon. Toysrus will have a bunch of them. Plus when walmart gets new stuff in like the incredible hulk or iron man they dont have a very good selection and they like to split every thing up to.

Well, you should probably call the day before just to be sure that they're doing it. If they are, you may as well drive there a few hours early and see if there's a line or not and go from there.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Well, you should probably call the day before just to be sure that they're doing it.
    That would be a good idea. How much would it suck to wait there for a few hours only to find out they are not doing a midnight opening?
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    That would be a good idea. How much would it suck to wait there for a few hours only to find out they are not doing a midnight opening?
    Well, then you'd be first in line for when they open the next morning.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Well, then you'd be first in line for when they open the next morning.
    True, but I would not want to spend the night in a TRU parking lot.

The main thing I am getting 7/26 is the Falcon. I will get wherever I am going by opening time that morning.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Yea, I'll worry about the falcon first...get the big one outta the way....I hope WM or TRU has a midnight release...I had a fun time last time I went to one, and since it was a 24 hour Wal-Mart, I should be in luck.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Truth be told, I think a lot of people are overestimating the draw of a midnight sale this time. I doubt any of the places doing such sales will have large crowds. We've learned from three previous SW movies that nothing released on the first day is hard to find, the amount of product released this time is considerably smaller than the actual movie releases, and interest in The Fake Clone Wars seems to be much lower than Lucasfilm would like it to be.

The only thing that might be hard to find, at least initially, is the Falcon. I doubt stores order many of those upfront. However, it's supposed to be shipping for at least the rest of 2008.

Well, unless you want those "First Day!" stickers.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'd honestly be surprised if they did do this.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

the last 3 times I went to midnight madness I got to the TRU around 11:30 and was about the 10th person in line.

i do agree with everyone that you should call before going. if you decide to go earlier I recommend bringing some form of entertainment to keep you occupied.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Exclamation

Yeah but i really do think that it depends on where you live....how many fans there are in your area. Where i live theres alot of fans and i mean alot and i kinda also think there will be more fans that will be in line this year all because of the at-te and the falcon but more of the falcon.

Just like i said before my first priority is the falcon just like alot of fans. And my second priority is the at-te and third is the legacy figures and last will be the clone wars figures. The big guys are the ones that are going to bring people into the stores cause if the falcon and the atte wasnt going to be released then this whole thing wouldnt be as big as it is. Thats my opinion. And i hope there will be a midnight madness so that every one will get a fair chance at the big guns cause if there isnt and the stores just release them when ever they want then there will be people who has all the time to go hunting the store every day all week who will get them before the ones who has to work in the mornings and who dont have a big chance like that. I hope that made sense. But i can see toysrus doing it before walmart.But i can see my toysrus doing it in my area. I have a feeling that they will.