Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nintendo DS Thread

Who's got one, seems like everywhere I go I see kids playing on one, I've had mine since the lite launched, I enjoy it a lot, from Brain Age, to Contra DS, and Mario Kart, and especially the New Super Mario Bros. Just picked up 3 games today at TRU, them having a Buy 2 get 3rd free this week. Got Guitar Hero On Tour, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, and CrossworDS. The lady at the register actually didn't ring it up correctly, she rang up CrossworDS twice, instead of ringing up Zelda, so I got all 3 for $15 cheaper than I should have gotten then....
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I have one. Currently the games I have are Brain Age 2, Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, and Spiderman Friend or Foe.

What I have played the most of though is TMNT for gba.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I have one as well. I prefer it over my Wii honestly.

Bought Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin and Etrian Odyssey II, but I'm currently playing the Phantom Hourglass. I just recently completed Hotel Dusk (great game by the way) and Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (Not so good)

I just ordered Electroplankton and a couple of games that you can't get stateside.

I have too many games to list. Some of them are still unopened. When I find them for cheap I buy droves of games.

There is both an original DS and a DS Lite floating around here. The DS games I know we own off the top of my head are Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time, Pokemon: Pearl Version, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, New Super Mario Bros., Lost in Blue, and Nintendogs (two or three different versions). There are others, but I'd have to go look. As far as upcoming DS games go, I'd say the DS exclusive Dragon Quest IX from the "Dragon Quest" franchise (formerly known as the "Dragon Warrior" franchise in the US) is probably the most anticipated one my brothers are looking at buying.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

I bought a DS last year and really enjoy the system. I have Nintendogs (one version, but I'm not a huge virtual pet guy, so I don't play it much), Animal Crossing, Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Brain Age and Rune Factory (which has quickly become on of my all-time favorite games).
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I bought a DS last year and really enjoy the system. I have Nintendogs (one version, but I'm not a huge virtual pet guy, so I don't play it much), Animal Crossing, Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Brain Age and Rune Factory (which has quickly become on of my all-time favorite games).
    Thats another one we have, Animal Crossing: Wild World. I'd direct you to the link in my sig to see what else we have, but I haven't updated it in a while. JBF and my other siblings seem to think its funny to hide all their game purchases and play them when I'm not around just so I can't put them on the list.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

I don't own a DS, but my 8 yo niece is currently visiting and she has one. I have been playing it quite a bit. She just purchased it a couple of weeks ago and she only has a couple of games, something where she takes care of a dog (maybe NintendoDogs? I know she has a Chiwawa), and then Mario Kart. I have been playing Mario Kart daily and I think it is awesome! I might prefer that version of MK, to the Wii also. The graphics aren't too shabby either; not as good as the Wii, but they don't look too far off either. I am impressed. Seems like a pretty sweet little system.

As many of you probably know, I have a PSP, and I've been neglecting it for some time now.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    As many of you probably know, I have a PSP, and I've been neglecting it for some time now.
    Trade it in towards a DS. I imagine the trade value of it plus your games would help offset a good bit of the cost.

I bought the Simpsons game for DS earlier tonight. It has some exclusive features and mini-games that the console versions do not have, and for 20 bucks it was a good buy.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I heard that Nintendo is redesigning the DS again. Anybody have any idea what sort of evolution this is going to be?

It's supposed to become a widescreen DS. Basically a regular DS lite with a bigger screen. The down side to that is that nintendo sounds like they will get rid of their Game Boy Advance slot.