Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Geordi did get it right. Nice to know the Trek peeps know Star Wars.

I think LeVar did win, I wasn't paying much attention at the end, I know Picardo spoke after him but I think LeVar LaForge did win. Crosby and Shatner should've definitely been the first two to go.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Yeah, Levar did win, he won with "antebellum" which he seemed to pull from somewhere in the pit of the deepest bowels of his mind!

Weakest Link Celeb is such a rip off IMO, they trash each other for $10,000 in charity and ONE WINNER gets a paultry pittance compared to "Millionaire"'s celeb shows.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

re: Celeb versions of primetime game shows...

Although I like the idea of seeing the various ST cast members sparring in a battle of wits, the entire trend towards celebrity guests on popular game shows has become tiresome - even irritating to me.

I try to not watch too much tv, but I do tend to get sucked-in more than I'd prefer to admit. When I watch, I enjoy the shows where you're challenged to use your brain instead of just sitting there getting an "eye"-V dose of idiocy. So I try to watch Jeopardy if I'm home when it's on, and I've watched "Millionaire" and "Weakest Link."

Well, it is painfully obvious that all these programs use easier questions when hosting celebrity contestants, and that just takes away any challenge when playing the game at home. I don't care that they asked Burton a question about the Antebellum period, the fact is I've seen far too many embarrassingly easy questions asked of, and missed by, far too many of these celebs.

Within the last year, it seems Millionaire and Weakest Link have aired as many or more celeb shows than those with regular contestants. I suppose I must be in the minority in my opinion, since they wouldn't be doing this if the ratings weren't good. But if that's the case, it's disappointing to me that the average viewer prefers the entertainment value of seeing celebrities on these shows over the mental stimulation of having more difficult questions.

One could argue that this has been the networks' way of donating more monies to charity, but I wish they would just hand over a lump some directly rather than exploit the process with these celeb guest shows, and give the viewers more challenging games.

[end-of-rant]

(btw: it doesn't seem like such an amazing stretch that one of the main stars of 'Roots' would know of the antebellum period.)
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

I watch far too much TV at the mo'. but by 9pm I am so tired working on my music that if I were to read one of the many books I have on the go at one time, I just fall alseep.

Speaking of my music, I have an audition on Sunday morning for Breakout records here at the Bournemouth Pavilion. Haven't performed there since '96! I shall be doing my most recent songs Phat Chance and Essensual (I would be doing a song I wrote about internet forums - a songwriters one in particular where I had big run-ins with some precious Country folk - called Where The Elite Meet (after a Battlestar Galactica trading card I had as a kid) but I am stuck for a second verse so it's unfinished.

!

idea

jeddah

Hey Jeddah

What sort of stuff do you do (music, that is)?

BC3

Wink that cricket chirpin's awful loud tonight, ain't it bc3?

. . . it sounds like jdah might be "boycotting" your quextion till you answer mine
    vt
    np: abc, "answer my prayers"

I've said it once, and I'll say it again - it just ain't fair.

You Yankee Doodles get a Star Trek Weakest Link and what do we Brits get?.........

The Robinsonmonster presenting the UK Medical Drama weakest link - terrific.

The worst bit is that they could have got the chap who plays Cpt. Panaka on it, as he has plays a doctor in Holby City.

But was he on it? Was he hell.

BC3

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll get it, maybe at Christmas...

jeddah

Well ain't that just dandy. :happy:
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Believe me, if I could send the Weakest Show back to the UK, I would.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.