Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    well, i was just posting the trek micros i'm still looking for. i was half awake when i had posted earlier.

anyway, i'm all for helping out my fellow collector, and i'm sure i'll be around for a while.

got to head out to work, but it's nice to finally see a forum where the members are constantly bashing one another.

see yall around later this evening.

scott
    It is ridiculous to claim that video games influence children. Nonsense! For instance, if PacMan affected kids born in the eighties, we should by now have a bunch of teenagers who run around in darkened rooms and eat pills while listening to monotonous electronic music.

Bashing is not our thing, especially here in the MM secton, where we are all just waiting for Hasbro to get those new pieces out into our hands. So, let me welcome the new folks to the board, it's nice to see some fresh faces in here.

As for a petition, it'd be a good idea to get someone who's EXTREMELY motivated and willing to make a small petition site and surf EVERY Trek forum out there (that means actually being a part, can't just drop in and say "save the Trek MMs" and leave forever, nobody respects that IMO). It'd be nice to have a big Trek site to host or back the petition too, and I don't really know who this petition would go to, though I replied to Sovereign with some ideas.

BTW VT, you'll have a good assortment of STMMs mailed to you from me like I owe you, but it'll be on Monday thanks to a hectic pre-birthday schedule that dwarfs my already-hectic schedule. "Thank you for continuing to hold, our representatives will be with you shortly."
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Red face speak for yerselves, gsj & jt- to wit:

jt: "Bashing is not our thing"
    -personally i enjoy a good bash now & agin- right sov?

gsj: "our primary function is the discussion of star wars"
    -not for Me it ain't :P MY "primary discussion function" is scifimms, so it also doesn't matter to me if someone pops in, asks for & gets an assist, pays for it & then is never heard from again. after all, toys, and their efficient delivery into the hands of those who want them, Is the point of our assists. if a newbie feels like chiming in regularly here, fine, but i'd certainly never condition my assistance on his doing so. that'd make this too much like a clique

sk: "nice and fair" is one thing; immediate results are another. the priorities re our assists here are ethics and possibilities.
    the simple fact is, paying more than srp for anything'd leave a sour taste in my mouth, so much so that i'd rather go without it altogether. (i already got plenty of mms to keep me busy anyway ) as a result, i direct my assistance efforts towards helping other mm collectors avoid the same distaste whenever possible. i don't always get results- or i sometimes make people wait Forever for those results- but i've beaten the odds plenty of times, & helped others complete their collections for a Fraction of what they'd otherwise pay.
    specify here your max acceptable prices & min. acceptable conditions, and i (& others here) will keep an eye out for opportunities to satisfy your wants. meanwhile, if you decide you don't wanna wait any longer, let us know that too so any finds can be diverted to the next person
    vt
    np: schoolhouse rock (feat. leon redbone?), "conjunction junction"
    p.s. -hey jt, do you own an hms bounty k-bop? if so, maybe you have an xtra farragut & spacedock shuttle? if so, feel free to enclose them too

Re: speak for yerselves, gsj & jt- to wit:

Originally posted by vulcantouch
    hey jt, do you own an hms bounty k-bop? if so, maybe you have an xtra farragut & spacedock shuttle? if so, feel free to enclose them too
    you need?

i gots!

i assume you already have a needy home for em to go to.

lmk (i know, i know, i should jes send em all, but's i gots to ask anyway. besides it's rare that you pop up with a specific request, and as i am always trying to impress ya with my mm savvy(hey, it's only been since last october when i saw the light on these lil guys), and it's always soooooo tough to find something for a vulcan who has everything(including an intimate portrait account on one coco chanel), i'm kinda hoping that you lost or broke your farragut and shuttle, and i am sweepin' in like a knight in shining armour to save the day)(how's that for lamo postin'?)

any way.........................................

on a sw level (regardless of what you say, we ARE a primary sw board ) (besides, you never know who might be lissenin') , the brittish gentleman who just bagged me the x-rays, has informed me that he purchased ep I sets XII and XIII yesterday, so they is definately lurkin' around the toy shops of merrie ol' england.

i just bagged him some lord of the ring figures, which he is having a tough time finding over there, so's i may have a deal in the werkz for possibly scroungin up some more of these. i will keep the faithful informed.
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

Hey GSJ

Where did he bag them ? - I'm still lookin' for them for you guys Stateside.

Cheers

BC3

PS did he bag 12 & 13 for you and if so do you still need 11 (the Rep Cruiser set)?

vulcan, i did mean "nice and fair" as opposed to "give it to me now damn you" heh i've been collecting the trek micros since 94, and i've waited this long, so i'm really in no hurry to get the few remaing that i need.

as to which micros i am still searching for, they are as follows:

Caretaker's Array
    Bajoran Sailing Vessel
    Kazon Torpedo

and the ever elusive
    Captain's Yacht

i consider these the most difficult trek micros to find, simply because they were not included with any of the large collector's sets, they had a very limited run, and in the case of the captain's yacht, no one really knew about it until all the scalpers gobbled them all up.

i don't mind if any of these are loose or still in the box. i already know i'm gonna open em up, play with them a bit, display them, and play with them some more. heh since these are the most difficult to find, i'd probably be willing to spend about $10-15 for each of them, possibly a bit more.

i'm not really keen on the idea of trading for another trek micro, simply because they're just so cool and i'd like to have as many as possible, but i can always search my area (san antonio, tx) for anything that any of yall might be looking for.

scott
    Last edited by ScottKey; 08-24-2001 at 05:33 PM.
    It is ridiculous to claim that video games influence children. Nonsense! For instance, if PacMan affected kids born in the eighties, we should by now have a bunch of teenagers who run around in darkened rooms and eat pills while listening to monotonous electronic music.

Hi peoples I am going to try to start a ST MM petition, so email me at moondogy1@hotmail.com with your first and last name in the subject + OK (ex: Jacob Alexander, OK) Your name will not be made public. I want to bring back ST MMs made before 1997 and/or have new ships made that came out after 1997 (such as Insurrection ships and Enterprise-NX-01). We dont have a company to back the petition yet but I just want to get the names for now.

Red face "you need?" gsj asks :rolleyes:

now hear this gsj, jt et al: i can always shunt your unwanted xtras (esp. tail-enders like these) to where they're wanted efficiently, with a minimum of fuss and ZERO markup just enclose em in the pkgs you're already assembling for me, no need for special shipments actually, my "specific request" to jt was actually more of a "specific reminder", cuz jt's notoriously fuzzy about what's in his collection, & i'm notoriously precise re deducing same from 1000 miles away, buttinsky that i am
    btw gsj, now that you recently completed your stmm collection, when do we get to hear your thoughts on the line as a whole? also, whaddya think of kaztorp/array (the last 2 you needed)?
    same goes for you jdah! wax poetic bout your le set 1! btw, are there any ships in it you don't want? exclusive ent-a, maybe? (can't blame a guy 4 tryin )

sk: "i've waited this long, so i'm really in no hurry"
    -you hear that everyone?? i must have me a damn twin!! That's the spirit sk, with a stubborn attitude like that you'll outlast the scalpers every time
    vt
    np: the 3 shatners, "rocket man" ("i think it's gonna be a long. . . .LONNNNNGGG. . . .time" )

Re: speak for yerselves, gsj & jt- to wit:

Originally posted by vulcantouch
    p.s. -hey jt, do you own an hms bounty k-bop? if so, maybe you have an xtra farragut & spacedock shuttle? if so, feel free to enclose them too
    While I do own an HMS Bounty B.o.P., I don't have an "xtra" Farragut or Spacedock. That's like asking me if I have an "xtra" nose or an "xtra" prototype AF E-wing. No, I have ONE of each of those, tragically. You'll never know how difficult it was parting with the MMs I'm sending you in trade for Warstar's Sisko Sailor, I like to have a big fleet, now I'm down to one of almost everything.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

ya know, i forgot to mention that i'm also looking for on of the nx-2000 excelsiors