Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

QUESTIONS FOR HASBRO - round 54

Please post your VOTE for up to 6 {six} of the questions provided in this thread, letting us know which ones you most want to see asked on July 18th. Keep in mind that your votes in round 53 do not count in this round, so if your question is still on the list you may want to vote for it again.

Also, feel free to post new questions. For reference, here are Hasbro's answers to previous SSG questions; to ActionFigs.com's questions; and from other sites. The questions we asked last round can be found here.

Current questions (vote for up to 6):

1. - Twice during the prequels, a vehicle toy's MSRP was dropped significantly without any changes to its mold - the first being the Episode I Naboo Royal Starship which went from $100 to $50, and the second being the Republic Gunship which in the Saga line was $40 but subsequent releases were $30. What were the causes of these price drops? Why hasn't this happened with other vehicles in similar high pricepoints?
    2. - What are the requirements that a retailer must go meet to get a Star Wars exclusive, do they have to be a certain size company, make a certain number of Hasbro orders a month, etc.? Is there some sort of process that a retailer has to go through to get an exclusive, do they work with Hasbro on what item to produce or is it out of their hands?
    3. - A few times in Q&A's history, you've suggested collectors submit their local stores' pegwarming data to you so Hasbro store reps can get these problems fixed. Some of the stores did show signs of improvement in this department, but others still suffered old TSC pegwarmers (Moff Jerjerrod is pretty consistent) and showed absolutely no signs of moving for nearly two years (until they were clearanced before the Clone Wars/Legacy Collection SKU reset), and the reports on these were coming in from all over the country. What, if anything, was done on your part to fix the problem, and what will be done in the future? When these issues arise again (as they likely will since they often have), will we just have to wait several years until pegwarmers go on clearance when the line resets again (which doesn't always happen)? If nothing else, having several Hasbro Star Wars pegs filled up with very old product is going to hamper sales of newer product, hurting your business and hindering collectors' ability to get new figures.
    4. - 2007 was likely the best year ever for army builders. Every trooper - with the exception of the McQuarrie Concept figures - was widely available in large numbers, even in the heavily competitive Los Angeles area. Several battle packs reflected the love of army builders. Even the troops from the 2006 Saga line were available far into the year due to the delay in the TAC. Is this the distribution model Hasbro will be using from now on, where troops will be plentiful and the previous year's assortment will available into the next year's line?
    5. - The Order 66 packs from last year were great and the new ones out now look just as good. How long will it be before we start to see these clones sold on their own though? It would be great to army build them but not on a 1 to 1 ratio with their Jedi commanders.
    6. - Although the Cruisemissile Trooper vehicle has its share of detractors, including those at Hasbro, the concept and design have some fun and interesting toy merits, though not fully realized. Perhaps the original design could be embellished and resized to fit into either the current Starfighter Vehicle pricepoint or a Battle Pack or other smaller medium. And of course, this time around it could have a removable pilot and cooler features to make it a fun new vehicle with unique Star Wars credibility. Would Hasbro ever consider making an update to this vehicle with design and features befitting the modern line?
    7. - With the ROTS line, we got a couple vehicles that have removable droid slots, but due to some issues, the droids don't actually work that well with them. Both ships have enjoyed repaints, the Jedi Starfighter almost too many to count, so there are plenty of droid slots in collectors' hands which don't actually accommodate astromech droid figures. The ARC-170 holds the figure too high and so loose that play is hampered; the JSF also holds the figure too high and the mold cavity doesn't actually have enough room to accommodate the feet despite trying; and those aren't the only vehicles with droid slot issues - the Naboo Fighter and Y-wing suffer dedicated droid domes instead of actual droid slots. Granted, Lucas approved prequel designs that "bend" physics to get astromechs into their slots, but with the figures I've experimented with this and found many astromech droids would fit if only they didn't have their feet. But collectors shouldn't have to hack off their droids' feet, so might Hasbro consider making a "pilot" astromech body that could have removable lower legs, perhaps for the Naboo Fighter separately removable legs as well?
    8. - With the July 26th street date for the new Star Wars lines, this comes during the most popular day of San Diego Comic-Con (midnight madness is the night after SDCC's Star Wars day). Many of the Star Wars collecting community will be attending the event that same weekend and won't have a chance to hit a local Toy's R Us or other retailer to grab up all the new product scheduled to come out. Will HasbroToyShop's SDCC booth be offering any of the new lines' items?
    9. - Although we know that you've handed the baton off to Sideshow for the 12" line, in a recent Q&A you answered that you were thinking of making a return to the scale but had made no decisions. You've got 12" Indiana Jones figures simultaneously as Sideshow's, and The Clone Wars seems to have more kid factor which means a need for a lower pricepoint, which isn't Sideshow's thing, showing both precedent and motive for Hasbro restarting a 12" Star Wars line. If you were going back to 12", how about re-releasing some of the better 12" figures of the past, like Vintage-style Boba Fett, R2-D2 with tools, the Jawa, C-3PO - stuff like that which Sideshow isn't really focusing on right now - to test the waters?
    10. - Concerning Hasbro's Clone Wars CGI line, will you be making any of the Separatist Leaders into figures? How about Destroyer Droid and IG-100 Magnaguard figures, will we be getting any/all of them in the line?
    11. - Understanding that Mighty Muggs are a popular item, it seems that most stores rarely have any of these figures, and when they do it's only sparingly and from the latest wave. Will there be an increase in production of the line, or at least more product hitting stores, including older figures from the earlier waves?
    12. - Concerning Indiana Jones, with the end of the pack-in relics next year, might there be another way for fans to get their hands on the cardboard crates - not assembled is fine - so that they can build up their Area 51 displays?
    13. - In the latest trailer of Clone Wars animation, there is a sighting of Jabba's Sail Barge. Assuming the upcoming AT-TE and Millennium Falcon sell well, what would the chances be of getting a Sail Barge toy with its appearance in both the cartoon and being a key action segment of the first half of Return of the Jedi? I mean, it could help sell Clone Wars figures and OT figures, in ROTJ alone nearly every major hero is battling on it or right next to it, and it features one of the most well-known Star Wars characters ever, Jabba the Hutt, so you have tons of character recognition and interaction, plus animation support. Any of that help its chances?
    14. - How far do you plan on taking the animated-style Clone Wars line? Will it continue indefinitely with a new stream of figures through the run of the show, or will it be more limited and spread out like the previous 2004-2005 line of animated figures?
    15. - Will the weapons in the clone weapons locker pack-ins for the Saga Legends line be changed out for different accessories as the line continues? If not, why not? Would this not be a simple way to get more desired accessories into the hands of consumers, and keep variety fresh which could help sales?
    16. - Given the focus on Rebel pilots and droids lately, would you consider hitting two birds with one stone and releasing two-packs of Rebel pilots with their corresponding astromech droids? This would be a good way to sell otherwise similar-looking pilots and get their droids at the same time, and also would be a good opportunity to finally update that underwhelming Red Leader figure and his cardboard droid from the 2003 X-wing.
    17. - Why is it that the Y-wing mold was altered for a dedicated astromech droid dome, making it impossible to insert a droid figure? Might the Y-wing mold ever be remolded to once again accept droid figures into a droid slot?
    18. - Some fans have noticed that the white paint on the goggles accessory from the Droid Factory Han Solo Hoth exclusive 2pack is flaking off at an alarming rate. This obviously would be a disappointment for fans eager to get this version of Han Solo. What is the cause for this, was a new technique for painting used, was it a new paint altogether, perhaps the clear plastic for the goggles different and not taking paint, something even simpler like too much mold-release oil?
    19. - Many collectors are noticing that the Indiana Jones line of figures seems to be sitting around at stores and not moving as well as hoped. A glut of product seems to be preventing new figures from coming in, and many fans are worried that the line may be cut short as a result, despite the fact that you've announced that you have plans for 2009. Also, with late July came the return of Star Wars which limits the peg space available for the Indy line. Are the results of how this line is selling having an affect on its future?
    20. - There are a lot of different clones from ROTS being done in the CW line in the phase 1 (AOTC-style) armor such as the 501st Legion and 212th Battallion to name a few. Is there any chance that these clones will eventually get released in the realistic-syle phase 1 armor as well as animated-style?
    21. - Since we're getting a Captain Jag figure in the Galactic Heroes line, and a new super-articulated ROTS-armor Clone Pilot in the Imperial Pilots Evolutions set, can we expect to see a Capt. Jag figure as a basic figure, and if so, when? Also, might we see an Odd Ball figure as well using this new sculpt? Should be easy, they're just repaints.
    22. - With the Dwarf Spider Droid being in the Clone Wars CG animated series, and aside from a few tiny issues looking pretty much identical to the one in AOTC and ROTS, might we possibly see a new Dwarf Spider released with more screen accuracy, actual leg articulation, and no wind-up walking feature? It'd cover both CG and realistic collectors' needs.
    23. - After waiting over half a decade for a better R2-B1, many fans were very disappointed with the way the 2007 TAC R2-B1 came out. While he utilizes a superior body to the original version, the dome paint came out terrible. His dome is a dull, slightly purple, flat gray-colored plastic that doesn't look good and is out of place with every other astromech droid; the movie version had a silver metal dome only slightly duller than the average R2-D2 figure's (such as the silver paint on TAC #04 R2-D2, or R2-KT). Was the deco on the R2-B1 figure done so oddly on purpose, and if so, why? Is there any chance that we will ever get a better R2-B1 with a more metal-looking dome, perhaps as a build-a-droid?

Vote now, and suggest new questions too. Thanks for participating!

13 as one of my votes and a new question,

Will the Geonosis Battle Droid Commander you confirmed be released in the 2009 AOTC Legacy Wave or the Saga Legends line, and will it be a new SA sculpt?

So I don't forget....

New question:

In the recent trailer for the Clone Wars animated film, there is a sighting of Jabba's Sail Barge. Given the excitement generated by the upcoming AT-TE and BMF Falcon and assuming these sell well, I have the follownig question: Since, according to rumors, the kidnapping of Jabba's son is a key plot point in the film, is there a chance that we might see a large-sized toy of Jabba's Sail Barge as a tie in to the cartoon? This should be made with the CW's and ROTJ's details for exterior and interior rooms.

[not a whole lot of new thought put into the question... basically I copied bigbarada's question since you said you had some ideas of your own]
    Ex-wife to me in the toy aisle: "Why do I sense we've picked up another plastic lifeform?"

Thanks to sebillba for the trade!

Here's a new question for you, ya big damn baby.

In a recent Q&A, you said, "We have plans to produce the characters from the Clone Wars series in the realistic style. We are concentrating our efforts and tooling on making the most of each line." Which characters will be made, and when can we expect to see them? Furthermore, will they be in the Clone Wars packaging alongside the animated figures, in the Legacy Collection packaging alongside the realistic figures, or at some point in time after these lines may have ended? Or, given the bizarre wording of the answer, did you intend to say "We have no plans . . ."?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    7 Or, given the bizarre wording of the answer, did you intend to say "We have no plans . . ."?
    I wondered that myself, too, when I read that answer.
    Ex-wife to me in the toy aisle: "Why do I sense we've picked up another plastic lifeform?"

Thanks to sebillba for the trade!

Another new question . . .

Given the focus on Rebel pilots and droids lately, would you consider hitting two birds with one stone and releasing two-packs of Rebel pilots with their X-wing astromech droids? This would be a good way to sell otherwise similar-looking pilots and get their droids at the same time. It would also be a good opportunity to finally update that puny Red Leader figure and his cardboard droid from the 2003 X-wing.

And another:

How far do you plan on taking the animated-style Clone Wars line? Will it continue indefinitely with a new stream of figures through the run of the show or will it be more limited and spread out like the previous 2004-2005 line of animated-style figures?

And okay, here we go again:
    Will the clone weapons lockers in the Saga Legends possibly be changed out for different accessories as the line goes on? For instance, there are several Jedi who could use cloaks.

I'm going to call this #19:
    At the Singapore Toy and Comic Con an Ewok Village was set up. Can you confirm if this playset will be re-released?

Also vote for #5
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Questions 13-15 added.

Question 8 stricken, because even if we send it in on this round, the answer won't come until a week after Comic-Con and by then it'll be moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Droid View Post
    13 as one of my votes and a new question,

Will the Geonosis Battle Droid Commander you confirmed be released in the 2009 AOTC Legacy Wave or the Saga Legends line, and will it be a new SA sculpt?
    Hasbro's saying "down the road" when asked about new Battle Droid body designs, a "maybe, in the future", so I'm passing on this question.

Quote Originally Posted by obi-dad View Post
    So I don't forget....

New question:

In the recent trailer for the Clone Wars animated film, there is a sighting of Jabba's Sail Barge. Given the excitement generated by the upcoming AT-TE and BMF Falcon and assuming these sell well, I have the follownig question: Since, according to rumors, the kidnapping of Jabba's son is a key plot point in the film, is there a chance that we might see a large-sized toy of Jabba's Sail Barge as a tie in to the cartoon? This should be made with the CW's and ROTJ's details for exterior and interior rooms.

[not a whole lot of new thought put into the question... basically I copied bigbarada's question since you said you had some ideas of your own]
    Hmm... I've reworked it some. I still feel like the question needs more punch somehow, but for now it's up and I've counted your vote for it.

Here's a new question for you, ya big damn baby.

In a recent Q&A, you said, "We have plans to produce the characters from the Clone Wars series in the realistic style. We are concentrating our efforts and tooling on making the most of each line." Which characters will be made, and when can we expect to see them? Furthermore, will they be in the Clone Wars packaging alongside the animated figures, in the Legacy Collection packaging alongside the realistic figures, or at some point in time after these lines may have ended? Or, given the bizarre wording of the answer, did you intend to say "We have no plans . . ."?
    Since we wouldn't get the answer to that until August if we asked it this round (4th of July and SDCC are killing the schedule), I'll just ask that one in person at Comic-Con if it's not answered by then. I've been totally sure since I first saw it that they meant "no plans" though, so I'm not inclined to waste one of our precious question slots on it. The answer is so likely to be "just a mistype" that I'd rather just spend 45 seconds with Derryl on it.

Another new question . . .

Given the focus on Rebel pilots and droids lately, would you consider hitting two birds with one stone and releasing two-packs of Rebel pilots with their X-wing astromech droids? This would be a good way to sell otherwise similar-looking pilots and get their droids at the same time. It would also be a good opportunity to finally update that puny Red Leader figure and his cardboard droid from the 2003 X-wing.
    Where would they sell these? Obviously not basics, and they don't have a deluxe line anymore, so how would they do this, like the Walmart Droid Factory 2packs? Do you really think there'd be demand for it?

How far do you plan on taking the animated-style Clone Wars line? Will it continue indefinitely with a new stream of figures through the run of the show or will it be more limited and spread out like the previous 2004-2005 line of animated-style figures?
    Added, vote counted.

Will the clone weapons lockers in the Saga Legends possibly be changed out for different accessories as the line goes on? For instance, there are several Jedi who could use cloaks.
    That's conceptually a little shaky, a weapons locker with a Jedi cloak doesn't make sense. Also, fabric stuff generally costs more, and the accessory couldn't be spread around since it'd take up a lot of space and be only 1 thing. If you're trying to hang the jedi cloak thing on this, I'm gonna pass, but if you have any other ideas, throw 'em out there. For now, I'm adding a simplified version of question and counting your vote for it, you can either rescind your vote or throw out another idea for it. (I get the feeling that if we don't ask that one this round, I'll probably ask Hasbro at SDCC though.)

Quote Originally Posted by dr_evazan22 View Post
    I'm going to call this #19:
    At the Singapore Toy and Comic Con an Ewok Village was set up. Can you confirm if this playset will be re-released?

Also vote for #5
    Ok, first off, you guys should let ME do the numbering. Second, that was an old Ewok Village complete with 25 years worth of dust on the top, it ain't a re-release. Hasbro isn't going to spend 2 years telling us that playsets are currently dead as a doornail and Ewoks are only popular enough for 1 new figure a year to then put that thing out.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hasbro's saying "down the road" when asked about new Battle Droid body designs, a "maybe, in the future", so I'm passing on this question.
    You could still ask what line it's going to be in.

And the Clone Wars Battle Droid is new with ball-jointed shoulders, so you never know, it may be a new body.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Where would they sell these? Obviously not basics, and they don't have a deluxe line anymore, so how would they do this, like the Walmart Droid Factory 2packs? Do you really think there'd be demand for it?
    Either that or the Comic Packs line. I thought of this after buying the Luke/R2-D2 set. Or they could do it as an online exclusive. I'm just saying, with the EE exclusive that's looking like it'll be pilots, and the two Rebel Pilots Evolution sets, there is a big push on Rebel Pilots. With the BD figures and the Droid Factory sets, there is a big push on astro droids. And the pilots, who are somewhat visually uninteresting but still in demand, would make for a more attractive sale if paired with unique astro droids. So yes, I think there is a market/demand there.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    That's conceptually a little shaky, a weapons locker with a Jedi cloak doesn't make sense. Also, fabric stuff generally costs more, and the accessory couldn't be spread around since it'd take up a lot of space and be only 1 thing. If you're trying to hang the jedi cloak thing on this, I'm gonna pass, but if you have any other ideas, throw 'em out there. For now, I'm adding a simplified version of question and counting your vote for it, you can either rescind your vote or throw out another idea for it. (I get the feeling that if we don't ask that one this round, I'll probably ask Hasbro at SDCC though.)
    Well, they don't necessarily have to be in the locker. I asked about the cloaks since the Plo Koon from the Droid Factory sets looks so much better and more accurate with a cloak on, and many of their "hero" figures come without cloaks. I think the question is fine with or without the cloak aspect, but I don't think putting it back in would hurt.

I'll also vote for 3 and 13 for now.