Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Oh why don't you just GROW UP?!

Do you still do somethings that are totally immature and still really enjoy them?

Post one thing that you do per response to this thread which might completely embarass you if your colleagues at work or school knew about it, or God forbid, it was featured on the nightly news!

I'll start.

I make loud flaglating (farting) sounds by pressing my hands down hard on my face and blowing as strongly as I can. They're really, REALLY loud and I want to see people hear them and react - looking around to see who farted!

I get a big kick out of that. I learned how to do it in the 3rd grade, as it was taught to me by Mike Arzemanian, 3rd Grade Fart Master. He will forever be famous for teaching me how to do this. And I have practiced the fine art of farting ever since.

I like doing this in crowded restaurants when I can get away with it unobserved. I also appreciate the opportunity to try this at somber occasions, though I can force myself to resist doing it at weddings and funerals.

But I actively seek out almost any other inappropriate moment to let one rip, and I go out on my balcony during the silent, wee hours of the morning, when a fart in the wind will really carry and probably many in my apartment complex will hear it and wonder.

I love to make it echo in the shower - though there it sounds more like a power drill.

Also, if you do it when alone in an elevator, it's funny when you arrive at your floor to watch anyone who might have heard the noise, to hesitate boarding the carriage you arrived on because they assume it just might stink!

OK, I learned to do this when I was 8 and I am now over 30 and have never gotten over my fixation with making farting noises. With me, it's just another thing you have to expect!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Post one thing that you do per response to this thread which might completely embarass you if your colleagues at work or school knew about it, or God forbid, it was featured on the nightly news!
    Collecting Star Wars toys.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Nope. Can't top that. About the worst thing I do is read comics and collect star wars figures on my spare time.

I'm not embarassed by anything I do.

Immature? Wiffle ball is bomb, yo.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

We used to play whiffle ball games from my friend's driveway all the way into high school.

We tried it a little during college, out in our commons area in the apartment complex.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    We used to play whiffle ball games from my friend's driveway all the way into high school.

We tried it a little during college, out in our commons area in the apartment complex.
    we'd play soccer in the hallways in grad school between classes with a super colorful, super bouncy ball.

the beauty of getting older is not having to worry what peers think of your actions. you just blame it mid-life crisis and everyone just nods sagely and accepts it.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Our generation is going to be just as immature in our 60s as we are in our 30s, and there's absolutly nothing wrong with that.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

hell, when I reach my 60's i really won't give a damn what anyone thinks about anything. I'll just say my actions are the direct result of amnesia. i've already decided to forget my age and stop thinking in terms of years passing. every day is just a day. and what i fill it with is up to me. i no longer recognise weekdays unless i have an appointment at the hospital but even then i just refer to the date not the day. i almost always ignore clocks. time is elastic anyway you can't cut it into chunks. a minute can feel like an hour or a year can feel like a month. makes no sense to define time.

as for immaturity, i say the immature ones are the uptight grey and beige types who live in some bubble where life is so ordered there's no room for manouevre. the mature people are the ones who retain their child like sense of fun and adventure. the thrill of living and discovering and inventing and experiencing all this world has to offer. the ones who end up living longer because their minds are active and firing on all cylinders.

those repressed types die earlier (scientifically proven) and have miserable senior years. people need to loosen up and not worry so much. and belongings, it's just stuff. you can't take it with you when you die so getting umbilically attached to stuff is pointless. stop confusing need with want and desire. enjoy stuff for what it is and when it's not in use get rid of it. declutter, move on. start over. reinvent. and i'm talking to myself here too not just pontificating. I need to do all this too. junk the junk.

anyway. I'm 40 and probably menopausal so i don't whether my opinion counts anyway.