Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

"Target-exclusive Order 66 Sets Not To Clearance" ...and other tall tales.

Well, as I've been around to a few of my local Targets lately, and have seen the Order 66 sets clearing for between $5 and $8, I'm fondly remembering this bit of fiction that the "Hasbro's Star Wars brand team" mailed out...

We have noticed on some boards that some collectors are deciding to wait until the Target-exclusive Order 66 sets go on sale before pouncing. This year, Target has advised us that the order 66 sets will not go on sale when they come off the checklane endcaps and will extend at regular pricing in the planogram. We think that those fans waiting may be disappointed when the ones they want sell out. If there are certain army builders or characters that collectors had their eyes on, they might not want to wait…
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index....articleid=1474

Yeah... so, do we officially call BS now, or should we just wait and see if Hasbro has the balls to try and convince us that toys don't go on clearance in the future?

I'd like to know a little more about that desperate message. The reality, and subsequent markdowns only work to confirm what I've always said... if you wait long enough, you'll find it, and probably find it at a discount.

Coming from a family of used car salesmen, I'm inclined to call BS. This is just short of a "ya know, I have someone else stopping by today who is ready to buy this car...if you want it, you need to get it now" pitch. Maybe I'm wrong and Target pulled a swerve on Hasbro. I really want hear what Hasbro has to say about this. I mean, I'll keep buying, but the whole "collector friendly" image might take a hit....
    [FONT=System][SIZE=4]The Weird Are Turning Pro...[/SIZE][/FONT]

On a Target related note, the $5 coupon off is NO LONGER VALID.

Seems some people where fraudulently erasing the "toy" portion of the coupon to make it look like it was good for ANY purchase. That and the complaint the the coupon was being distributed through websites and chat groups....

Now we wouldn't go and do a thing like that would we???
    Move along, move along

Well, you know the order 66 packs "re-release" was all tied into the release of the Force Unleashed Rancor which is now on clearance in some stores.

I don't see how they could think this stuff is not going to shelfwarm, when the video game tie-in keeps getting delayed.

I think it's great that Target would put exclusives out when there is nothing out there in media land to spark interest in Star Wars. I paid full pop for all of this. Surely they realize the ones who are going to buy this stuff are mostly collectors.

I think that this was a bad marketing decision on the Rancor because of the game delay and Hasbro was just trying to minimize the anticipated loss that they knew Target would be taking. They used the Order 66 packs as a tool to help sell the Rancor by pulling them off the shelf, making them scarce, putting them back when the Rancor came out.

Yeah it's a bunch of BS
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Ok, you guys are crazy. Look at what Hasbro said, they said once the Order 66 packs were pulled from checklane endcaps, they wouldn't go on clearance, they'd stay in the regular toy section at regular price, and that's COMPLETELY true, it took another month and a half for them to do hit clearance, right during the summer reset when most everything gets clearanced anyway.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Ok, you guys are crazy. Look at what Hasbro said, they said once the Order 66 packs were pulled from checklane endcaps, they wouldn't go on clearance, they'd stay in the regular toy section at regular price, and that's COMPLETELY true, it took another month and a half for them to do hit clearance, right during the summer reset when most everything gets clearanced anyway.
    Exactly. Hasbro didn't say they would never clearance.

Just that they wouldn't go on sale when they came off the endcaps.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

And they aren't even on clearence at my Target, still full price and they just put out a ton of them today.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

It wasn't Hasbro's call to make in the first place.

Interestingly enough, my local Target seemed to have received several new cases of Order 66 just to put on clearance.

My target had them for 4.88. with 5 off puts them at 4 each. Not bad, not bad nubian. Watto E1

We know it wasn't Hasbro's call to make, but their answer was still a bunch of "might not want to wait" gobblety-goop.

I hardly ever wait for things to go on clearance anyways.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"