Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Great AT-TE

I haven't put batteries in it yet and probably won't for a while as it's on my shelf with a bunch more Geonosis stuff.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

I love the AT-TE, esspecially the sounds. The opening ramp is the coolest sound/feature to be combined in a while. The only problem I have with the AT-TE is it's legs. They keep falling off, and I can imagine that in a few years they won't stay on.

Anyone else have problems with the legs?
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaff View Post
    I love the AT-TE, esspecially the sounds. The opening ramp is the coolest sound/feature to be combined in a while. The only problem I have with the AT-TE is it's legs. They keep falling off, and I can imagine that in a few years they won't stay on.

Anyone else have problems with the legs?
    Yes. This has been widely discussed since the vehicle came out the other week.

The fix: go to Home Depot and buy some refridgerator line tubing, 3/16" OUTER DIAMTER (OD) - it's like $3.99 or less in the plumbing section. You'll get many feet of it, but you only need to cut 12 less than 1/2 pieces and stuff them inside the leg joint prongs (at the "hips" and at the feet). It pushes the holding prongs apart wider and makes them catch. I haven't found it to work as perfectly as others have said it does, but my AT-TE is standing. I'm just not continuously posing it. But it won't collapse when I open the troop compartment or fire its cannons.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Yes. This has been widely discussed since the vehicle came out the other week.

The fix: go to Home Depot and buy some refridgerator line tubing, 3/16" OUTER DIAMTER (OD) - it's like $3.99 or less in the plumbing section. You'll get many feet of it, but you only need to cut 12 less than 1/2 pieces and stuff them inside the leg joint prongs (at the "hips" and at the feet). It pushes the holding prongs apart wider and makes them catch. I haven't found it to work as perfectly as others have said it does, but my AT-TE is standing. I'm just not continuously posing it. But it won't collapse when I open the troop compartment or fire its cannons.
    The tubing that I bought was sold by the foot at 19 cents per foot. There were a pair of cutters next to these big reels of tubing and I cut off one foot of it and paid 20 cents (with tax) for it at the register. Are you buying full reels of the stuff?

Even with multiple AT-TEs, I think one foot per AT-TE should be more than enough.

I guess for 100.00 you should not have to play Bob the Builder!

Quote Originally Posted by Mvader91 View Post
    I guess for 100.00 you should not have to play Bob the Builder!
    You're right, we shouldn't have to resort to this considering the price of the toy. However, the funny thing is, most of the people who own an AT-TE still love it despite this problem. And once it's fixed the toy is truly amazing.

I asked for where they had the tubing you could cut and they said they didn't do that, so I bought what I did. No regrets though.

[FONT=Courier New]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I asked for where they had the tubing you could cut and they said they didn't do that, so I bought what I did. No regrets though.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I didn't even bother asking. I went to Home Depot, and the employees there scatter like roaches when they see you coming. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I just paid my $3.69 and got enough to last me for 100 AT-TE's.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Personally, I kind of liked having to do this fix and make something like this even better. I've always like modifying things, so it was kind of fun for me.[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    [FONT=Courier New]Personally, I kind of liked having to do this fix and make something like this even better. I've always like modifying things, so it was kind of fun for me.[/FONT]
    Y'know, I actually agree with you there. While I still believe that Hasbro's QA/QC department seriously dropped the ball here, it is kind of fun going out and searching for a solution to the problem. When you modify a toy like this, it's like making it your own and it becomes more than something that you just picked up off of the toy shelf.

Anyways, now that it's fixed, I have nothing but love for this toy.

Funny, I find that Home Depot around here is the last place on earth one can actually find helpful employees....

I'm of the mind that, fun to fix it or not, for $100, that thing had better be perfect. Heck, for $100, it had better make me breakfast in bed every morning.
    Tommy, close your eyes.