Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Great AT-TE

I went to Lowes which is right next door to the Target I bought the AT-TE.
    I couldn't find any 3/16 tubing. Maybe everybody is buying it up for their AT-TE's?
    You can buy tubing by the foot or a whole roll, somebody must have bought the whole 3/16 roll. So I bought some 5/16 tubing, one foot for 18 cents. I hope that works. Anybody using the 5/16? I know they mentioned it as either 3/16 or 5/16 in the fix article.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

I bought both and the 3/16 fit better, but my legs have ONCE fallen off still - it happened yesterday.

I might switch to 5/16, but I had a hard time fitting it before.

These are the OUTER DIAMETER measurements of the tubing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I bought both and the 3/16 fit better, but my legs have ONCE fallen off still - it happened yesterday.

I might switch to 5/16, but I had a hard time fitting it before.

These are the OUTER DIAMETER measurements of the tubing.
    So the 5/16 is a tighter fit, and perhaps make the legs move less as well?
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Well, the 5/16 doesn't "fit," you have to crush-squeeze it to get it in there, though that's not hard. It just didn't look like the Rebelscum picture, so I went with the 3/16.

Like I said, my AT-TE's legs fell off again yesterday, but I put them back on still using the 3/16 because I didn't feel like taking the time to cut the 5/16. I might do so soon though. Maybe that will work better.

I thought I had bought 3/16" tubing; but, after looking more closely at it, the tubing I got is actually 5/16" OD (outer diameter) and 3/16" ID (inner diameter). It was a tight fit, but I've haven't had a problem with the legs falling off at all.

AT-TE Falling Legs

So everyone is running around town looking for plastic tubing that has to be the right size and fit, and by trial and error if your lucky to get it to work!

I found a better solution that works and is allot easier to find!

Get ready for this.

"Mighty Putty"!
    Not only does it work but it's allot easier to find than some plastic tubes that your not even sure if it will work!
    I can even do really cool poses because the joints are are tight and secure! The trick to using this stuff is not to over do it on the joints.
    Danoby

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u.../AT-TElegs.jpg
    "Embrace your inner me"

[FONT=Courier New]That's awesome, Danoby![/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I had pretty good luck with the 5/16" tubing. It makes the legs sturdy as heck and I can still disassemble and repack it when my friends and nephew have gone home.[/FONT]

I saw that mighty putty commercial last night, but since my AT-TE doesn't have this problem I don't need it.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.