Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Great AT-TE

The Great AT-TE

Here's my review of this monster now that I have it:

It's way bigger than I thought it would be. It's pretty wide as well as high off the ground (Clones can fit underneath it) The feet come with wheels you can snap on or leave off. The main gun is HUGE, but because of the scale of the behemoth, you really can't appreciate it until you see it rigth in front of you. The rear area opens pretty smoothly. It's actually really cool. There are only 8 or 9 stickers that have to be applied but there are others already applied. (like in the front section with the 3 seats. The side door top flaps make a loud snap when you open and close them. It almost sounds like they're going to break. That's the only bad thing I can say about the truly amazing vehicle.

Contrary to what some people have stated before this thing does not walk. The legs are highly articulated though, and each marked specifically where they need to be attached to the main body.

This is really one sort of vehicle we never actually thought they'd made. The size, features, attention to detail (like places for blasters and stuff all throughout the inside). Can't wait for the Falcon.

It would be really sweet if they would update the AT-AT like this.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosskman View Post
    Here's my review of this monster now that I have it:

It's way bigger than I thought it would be. It's pretty wide as well as high off the ground (Clones can fit underneath it) The feet come with wheels you can snap on or leave off. The main gun is HUGE, but because of the scale of the behemoth, you really can't appreciate it until you see it rigth in front of you. The rear area opens pretty smoothly. It's actually really cool. There are only 8 or 9 stickers that have to be applied but there are others already applied. (like in the front section with the 3 seats. The side door top flaps make a loud snap when you open and close them. It almost sounds like they're going to break. That's the only bad thing I can say about the truly amazing vehicle.

Contrary to what some people have stated before this thing does not walk. The legs are highly articulated though, and each marked specifically where they need to be attached to the main body.

This is really one sort of vehicle we never actually thought they'd made. The size, features, attention to detail (like places for blasters and stuff all throughout the inside). Can't wait for the Falcon.

It would be really sweet if they would update the AT-AT like this.
    Okay so a few questions:

1. How and where did you get this?
    2. It's 4 seats in the front not 3. We've seen pictures from Toy Fair. Care to take a pic and show us if it is 3 or 4?
    3. How many clones does the cockpit hold?
    4. Do they stand or sit in it?
    5. Can I have your AT-TE?
    Move along, move along

Bout time you Canadians got to pick first aay

So is that a tri-logo box, or anything different from what us Yanks might expect?
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

JMS,

1. I got it yesterday at a used CD store here in Saint John, New Brunswick Canada that carries SW stuff among other things.
    2. You're right, there are 4 seats. It's so freakin' wide that you couldn't see the far sided seat from the angle I was at.
    3. The cockpit (the boxy frontmost compartment that is) holds one standing clone.
    4. I guess you could pose the clone sitting but he's have no place for is posterior to rest.
    5. Not on your life, it's mine.

Blue2th

The box has enlish, french and spanish, but the AT-TE itself only has english (it says so on the box). I haven't put batteries in it yet.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

JMS,

1. I got it yesterday at a used CD store here in Saint John, New Brunswick Canada that carries SW stuff among other things.
    2. You're right, there are 4 seats. It's so freakin' wide that you couldn't see the far sided seat from the angle I was at.
    3. The cockpit (the boxy frontmost compartment that is) holds one standing clone.
    4. I guess you could pose the clone sitting but he's have no place for is posterior to rest.

Blue2th

The box has enlish, french and spanish, but the AT-TE itself only has english (it says so on the box). I haven't put batteries in it yet.

I will vouch for him on that JMS, it's the same place I picked mine up at a week or so ago. There are a few pics in the Canadian Found thread with it boxed on mom's table. It will stay that way until X-mas as it is Brandon's gift. I will pick up a second later on after I pick up my Falcon that's on hold at TRU. They won't let me buy it until the 26th.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

JMS,

Blue2th

1. Cool, and kudos to you for scoring it.
    2. I thought so. Yeah from an angle it can appear to be 3. glad we got that cleared up.
    3. Darn, was hoping it held two sitting, oh well, that will do.
    4. Hmm, well, this might be something to make a non-permanant seat for.
    5. Ah, pretty please!

Oh well, ok. You Canucks deserve to get things first from time to time to, eh. And if someone off the street asks you about them, just say you don't know what they're talkin a'boot. heh heh. I kid because I love you Canuckle Heads!
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBrandon View Post
    I will vouch for him on that JMS, it's the same place I picked mine up at a week or so ago. There are a few pics in the Canadian Found thread with it boxed on mom's table. It will stay that way until X-mas as it is Brandon's gift. I will pick up a second later on after I pick up my Falcon that's on hold at TRU. They won't let me buy it until the 26th.
    Lucky sonofabiscuit...

Well, I'm only starting with one for now, then will pick up another one or two in the couple of months to come afterward. (with all luck, if they don't sell out first)
    Move along, move along

Congrats on the get. Dang it, now I am tempted to buy this again, why would you do this to me?!?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Does anyone have the Target DPCI# for the AT-TE?
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."