Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Cool Clone Wars movie set

I clicked on the News section for the CW cards... where there was no information? Maybe we just need to be patient.

How 'bout now? No? Darn it! I was patient, and everything! Oh well... More news to come, as well as those who plan on buying them (I'm still undecided).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Here's a direct link to the info, BC.

http://www.topps.com/ent/brands/SWCW/SWCW-Web.html

I'm wonder if there are preview cards.

Unless they were actual artwork (like McQuarrie paintings, SW Galaxy sets, et al), I never really liked cartoon or drawn trading cards; live shots were/are the best. Maybe the CGI aspect will convince me, but I'm not too excited yet.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I'm already passing on this set. No autograph cards. But if I can get a base set for cheap, then I'd be down.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I was looking through my collections of cards the other day (check out the trading section for a request of mine to fill in holes in those unfinished sets ), and I realized I actually bought a couple packs of the other Clone Wars set. I'm still not sold on this new one yet; I might buy a pack or two and let those move me (or not).

I got P1 from the current NonSport Update. I'll buy the base set, but no boxes.

I would figure that Comic-Con would have a freebie card this weekend.

I saw no packs on display in my brief searching at 2 Targets and 1 W*M this morning.

Found some at Target today ($1.99 per, with 7 cards in); bought five packs (the first three had insert cards; what luck). I think I'm done with pack buying, but I might see if I can find a completed set somewhere down the road (or just let the ones I have be the end of it). They look okay.

Possible movie SPOILERS below, since card titles are mentioned:

I got a checklist card (wonder why I love checkLIST cards ), and there's some other movie allusions (#21 Attack of the Clones, #44 Tank Girl, #Towering Terror, #79 Clash of the Titans, #85 Desperately Seeking Ahsoka, #86 Return of the Huttlet) and many examples of alliteration. Weird titles? #23 Octuptarra Peril, #53 Little Girl, Big Challenge, #59 Rex on the Rampage, #67 Attack and Repeat, #90 Checklist .

What a coincidence! I bought five packs of CW cards at Target today, too!!

I pulled one motion, one ani film and two foil cards from the packs.

It's a nice set. I have a friend who's getting a box and will be selling extra sets real cheap soon, so I'll get a complete set from him. I'll probably buy a few more retail and hobby packs, too.

Picked up a few packs of these the other day to check them out, and I like them. They've actually got me a little more jazzed up about the film than I've been.

I'll probably (slowly) put a set together from hitting Target, etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sw_clonewars00.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	17953