Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Cool Clone Wars movie set

I clicked on the News section for the CW cards... where there was no information? Maybe we just need to be patient.

How 'bout now? No? Darn it! I was patient, and everything! Oh well... More news to come, as well as those who plan on buying them (I'm still undecided).
    "That's what Sheev said."

Here's a direct link to the info, BC.

http://www.topps.com/ent/brands/SWCW/SWCW-Web.html

I'm wonder if there are preview cards.

Unless they were actual artwork (like McQuarrie paintings, SW Galaxy sets, et al), I never really liked cartoon or drawn trading cards; live shots were/are the best. Maybe the CGI aspect will convince me, but I'm not too excited yet.

I'm already passing on this set. No autograph cards. But if I can get a base set for cheap, then I'd be down.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I was looking through my collections of cards the other day (check out the trading section for a request of mine to fill in holes in those unfinished sets ), and I realized I actually bought a couple packs of the other Clone Wars set. I'm still not sold on this new one yet; I might buy a pack or two and let those move me (or not).

I got P1 from the current NonSport Update. I'll buy the base set, but no boxes.

I would figure that Comic-Con would have a freebie card this weekend.

I saw no packs on display in my brief searching at 2 Targets and 1 W*M this morning.

Found some at Target today ($1.99 per, with 7 cards in); bought five packs (the first three had insert cards; what luck). I think I'm done with pack buying, but I might see if I can find a completed set somewhere down the road (or just let the ones I have be the end of it). They look okay.

Possible movie SPOILERS below, since card titles are mentioned:

I got a checklist card (wonder why I love checkLIST cards ), and there's some other movie allusions (#21 Attack of the Clones, #44 Tank Girl, #Towering Terror, #79 Clash of the Titans, #85 Desperately Seeking Ahsoka, #86 Return of the Huttlet) and many examples of alliteration. Weird titles? #23 Octuptarra Peril, #53 Little Girl, Big Challenge, #59 Rex on the Rampage, #67 Attack and Repeat, #90 Checklist .

What a coincidence! I bought five packs of CW cards at Target today, too!!

I pulled one motion, one ani film and two foil cards from the packs.

It's a nice set. I have a friend who's getting a box and will be selling extra sets real cheap soon, so I'll get a complete set from him. I'll probably buy a few more retail and hobby packs, too.

Picked up a few packs of these the other day to check them out, and I like them. They've actually got me a little more jazzed up about the film than I've been.

I'll probably (slowly) put a set together from hitting Target, etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sw_clonewars00.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	17953