Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    An Admiral would be roughly equivalent to a Lieutenant Colonel or Colonel in the Army. So, for it to take him more than 20 years to only go up one rank shows that he's kind of a loser.

The only other possible explanation would be that he retired from military service shortly before Ep3, then was recruited back into a different branch of service years later under the rank of Captain or Major, then worked his way up to Colonel.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I don't think that it's the same guy. Could someone post pictures comparing them?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    An Admiral would be roughly equivalent to a Lieutenant Colonel or Colonel in the Army. So, for it to take him more than 20 years to only go up one rank shows that he's kind of a loser.

The only other possible explanation would be that he retired from military service shortly before Ep3, then was recruited back into a different branch of service years later under the rank of Captain or Major, then worked his way up to Colonel.
    Admiral is equivalent to General, which is 2 steps above Colonel (and 3 above Lt Col). A Colonel is equivalent to Captain (and a Lt Col = Commander). Only in Battlestar Galactica could you find it going as nutty as what you suggest.

Even if we assume that he changed branches from Army to Navy, he also dropped in rank from a flag officer to a field officer, and it seems unlikely that he'd take that hit and still rise back to Colonel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I don't think that it's the same guy. Could someone post pictures comparing them?
    Same guy, same mustache: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wullf_Yularen
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Only in Battlestar Galactica could you find it going as nutty as what you suggest.
    Or in the real world. It's not uncommon for people to switch branches of the Armed Force (but it's extremely rare or nearly impossible to do it more than once in your lifetime). That switch usually corresponds with a reduction in rank, but it doesn't have to. It's dependent on how long you've been out of the service and how long you served previously. My brother reenlisted in the Army recently, he was out for 8 years and only lost one pay grade (rank), but he's training right now with guys who have switched over from the Air Force and Navy (even some guys who have been Navy Seals or served in the IDF -Israeli Defense Force) and they've all been taken into the Army and their ranks adjusted depending on their individual circumstances.

It happens in reality, but when written into a kids' cartoon, it's just sloppy storytelling.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

On the BSG comparison, I didn't mean the switch, I meant the rank equivalences:
    "An Admiral would be roughly equivalent to a Lieutenant Colonel or Colonel in the Army."

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Those look fun, but I am cool with passing on all the animated-style figures.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I want to see the MagnaGuard. I'd definately like a few of those if they come out coo.

I'm beginning to think that Droideka is kinda lame. But the rest of this wave still works.

Loving the lot, will be getting the lot - the only one I am passing on is Yoda, if they had made his head just a little bit smaller and got rid of the gimmick, then I would have picked him up as well.