Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    you gotta love discussions on how to take the clothes off your figures.

I HAVE TO SAY IT, I AM GETTING VERY UPSET THAT THE BEST RENDITIONS OF STAR WARS FIGURES ARE BECOMING THE CLONE WARS VERSIONS.

They are getting better articulation, better plastic choices, better uses for soft goods, they are just better all the way around. This makes me upset because of all the money and time we have spent collecting the Legacy line and now I feel we are getting shafted because these new guys don't have the same aesthetic.

I'll agree with the above. Since 2007, one thing I've noticed was the Comic 2-packs are actually getting some great figures and really decent sculpts (no credit to Cade Skywalker, though).

The articulation on the CW figures is not superior to the TLC figs, there are less articulated knees and elbows unfortunately. And the plastic choices? I dunno, my CW Battle Droid has drooped, stupid damnit to hell.

This wave did highlight what works in this line though, it really delivered a lot of great toys. I think I bought every single figure in the wave after all was said and done.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    The articulation on the CW figures is not superior to the TLC figs, there are less articulated knees and elbows unfortunately. And the plastic choices? I dunno, my CW Battle Droid has drooped, stupid damnit to hell.

This wave did highlight what works in this line though, it really delivered a lot of great toys. I think I bought every single figure in the wave after all was said and done.
    Look at the clones, though. I love the new wrist articulation. On the commanders, the kamas are a softer plastic making for better poseability. The Shoulder pauldrons are molded so they don't spin like on the Legacy ARC Troopers. I agree it can't be a blanket statement because the Jedi do leave a lot to be desired. The best one being Ashoka, which is a shame. As for Droids, Battle droids have always drooped, no matter what version.

The soft kama on Rex is good (I had earlier mistakenly said it was too hard for posing, I was thinking of a different, non-CW figure at the time), but the shoulder pauldron on him spins like a mofo on mine. The new wrist articulation is really good, don't get me wrong, but it came from the non-animated line back in '07. With CW, the clones are a little too tall, so it's not like there aren't trade offs. But all in all, my comment about articulation is meant to represent the other figures in the line, not just the oft-recycled Clone Trooper figure.

And as a side note, I'd really like to see the range of motion on the knees and elbows extended, for joints that round and oversized, you'd think they'd at least go to 90 degrees, if not 100-110, but they stop around 80 which is a little frustrating.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.