Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Upcoming Battle Packs Confirmed

These are pretty much a way for Hasbro to rehash older figures for those who don't have them, or like the battle pack format. We'll see these at Comic Con.

First: these 2 might be out by or shortly after July 26 to go with the vehicles:

AT-TE Assault Squad - probably trooper pack for AT-TE
    Millennium Falcon - the standard crew from ANH or ESB, no doubt

Battle of Theed - most likely Naboo Officers and Battle Droids, possibly Padme
    Battle of Naboo - probably Gungans being BomBad!
    Jedi vs. Dissidents (Separatists) - maybe re-release with Clone Armor Obi-Wan (old version)
    Jedi Training - Yoda and Younglings. Maybe with new Padawans.
    Assault on the Shield Generator - Return of the Jedi
    Scramble on Yavin - really curious here - Rebel Pilots? General Dodonna again?
    Muunlist - probably Cartoon Network's Clone Wars related when Obi-Wan fought Durge

The Jundland Wastes - likely Tuskins, Obi-Wan first meeting Tatooine Luke, or this is the Galactic Heroes set with the Dewback

The Darth Vader TIE Fighter Adventure - I think this is also a mistake and it's the Galactic Heroes pack with Vader's TIE vehicle. I can't imagine a 3 3/4" set (from ANH obviously) being that interesting as compared to getting the vehicle with a pack-in Vader pilot figure.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Where were these confirmed?

If true, I'm all over the scramble at Yavin pack and will probably buy the others that aren't animated style.

Okay so IF these are REALISTIC, I'll get the following:

AT-TE Assault Squad - probably trooper pack for AT-TE-meh, maybe. I have enough clones now...(did I really just say that?)
    Millennium Falcon - the standard crew from ANH or ESB, no doubt-PASS

Battle of Theed - most likely Naboo Officers and Battle Droids, possibly Padme-Only if the figs are new and SA, most likely a PASS
    Battle of Naboo - probably Gungans being BomBad!-SA Gungans and EPI Battle droid sculpt yes, anything else-PASS
    Jedi vs. Dissidents (Separatists) - maybe re-release with Clone Armor Obi-Wan (old version)-PASS
    Jedi Training - Yoda and Younglings. Maybe with new Padawans.-If enough NEW Padawans yes, otherwise PASS
    Assault on the Shield Generator - Return of the Jedi-PASS (though I can see Hasbro finally making the rebel in scout armor for this. THat would tick me off.
    Scramble on Yavin - really curious here - Rebel Pilots? General Dodonna again?-Hmm maybe ground crew finally and the hangar shuttle? Most likely a yes for me.
    Muunlist - probably Cartoon Network's Clone Wars related when Obi-Wan fought Durge-Maybe

The Jundland Wastes - likely Tuskins, Obi-Wan first meeting Tatooine Luke, or this is the Galactic Heroes set with the Dewback-pass if realistic, YES to Galactic heroes.

The Darth Vader TIE Fighter Adventure - I think this is also a mistake and it's the Galactic Heroes pack with Vader's TIE vehicle. I can't imagine a 3 3/4" set (from ANH obviously) being that interesting as compared to getting the vehicle with a pack-in Vader pilot figure.-Yes. I have the other vehicles. I wouldn't mind getting this one. Though it wouldn't be a priority.
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    Where were these confirmed?

If true, I'm all over the scramble at Yavin pack and will probably buy the others that aren't animated style.
    I have a new info source but cannot reveal it. I will just have to establish credability. So for now, I'd say just let Comic Con "test me." The info should prove accurate and be backed up by photos of the actual product.

Anyway, while there are Animated Style battle packs, NONE of these listed in this thread are. I made a thread over in the Clone Wars forum for that.

These are all realistic, and I, like you, are really curious about the Scramble at Yavin pack - and if we'll get ladders for the fighters (X-and-Y- at least) or maybe even that pilot transport cart vehicle as a bonus pack-in.

I'm thinking it might come with some older pilots that weren't recently available like Luke (VOTC and Biggs TAC) so maybe Antilles, Porkins, Vandor, with Dodonna or an Astromech, and / or Yavin Honor Guard (variant color?)

It might be very useful with all-new pilot figures, too. (I don't intend to replace POTJ Porkins or 3-pack Antilles w. Removeable Helmet, etc. - I don't need them Super-Articulated or something).

To JediMasterSal regarding the Vader TIE Adventure. If 3 3/4", I mean the main characters that flew with him are 2 generic TIE Pilots, who almost anyone would rather have with their vehicles. There was an Imperial Officer and an Astromech in the hallway, but that's about it. Seems kind of boring. Tarkin and Motti might be added for the scene just prior to when Vader takes off for his fighter ship. But still WE (most long time collectors) have these figures and it's uninteresting.

A large battle pack with the vehicle inserted, like how the AT-ST was put into those big Target BPs with the speederbikes or the Hoth Turret, might be crafted for this.

Heck then: the Scramble at Yavin might include a '95 mold X-wing or the Y-Wing fighter - if these are huge $50 battle packs in the same vein as last year's Hoth and Endor. Then I guess it will have the 3 3/4" Vader TIE.

However, I'm not in the market for anything like that. (But I'd be all over the Galactic Heroes one). But let me say that Yavin might tempt me: the '95 X-wing, a ladder for it, AND the Pilot Transport Cart, plus Han's "reward" containers. That could be very sweet.

The thing about the $50 battle packs are that they make for great self-contained dioramas that you don't even really have to open. That's pretty cool. And YES THEY ARE HUGE!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I dunno about the transport cart, but ladders and such would be pretty awesome. They already had us salivating from the image years ago of the pieces from the canceled accessory pack, I just hope if they're taking the accessories and such from that that they make a new Rebel mechanic. IIRC, the one in the picture was made from the body-builder AT-ST driver/Scanning Crew Member body.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    I dunno about the transport cart, but ladders and such would be pretty awesome. They already had us salivating from the image years ago of the pieces from the canceled accessory pack, I just hope if they're taking the accessories and such from that that they make a new Rebel mechanic. IIRC, the one in the picture was made from the body-builder AT-ST driver/Scanning Crew Member body.
    Gawd, not that wretched sculpt... If they have to reuse a sculpt I'd rather them use a repaint of the Imperial officer. (The black outfit) Sculpt a new head on him maybe consider the Death Star trooper's legs (because they are SA) and their done. In fact they could use the Rebel Honor Guard figure for the head. So all parts would be reused.

I WANT that hangar bay shuttle. Boxes and ladders don't excite me but most certainly would be a welcome addition and would be great filler for any diorama. Plus they would be very cheap and easy for Hasbro to make.
    Move along, move along

Hasbro said recently that there were going to be younglings in a "very special set" or something like that, so this could be true. Hopefully there are a lot of new younglings and not just the old ones . . . well, I actually hope none of the old ones are in there, but I bet they will be.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Yavin scramble for me would have to contain the transporter sled and ground crewman. some pilots and access/egress ladders for both the Y-wing and X-wing. if there's a droid in there it better not be R2-D2. something like R5-K6 (the red with white and black markings one) would be far better. Commander Willard would make a nice addition too.

if the jundland wastes set is 33/4 scale it'll probs have the landspeeder, Luke, Ben, C-3PO, R2-D2 and vintage saga collection tusken raiders. three of them to be correct. if it's entirely accurate it needs the cowling from the speeder engine as a small accessory. and a broken rifle for luke. and Ben needs to be given SA legs so the damn figure will fit in the speeder.
    and the speeder needs much better more accurate paint apps. and bigger clear wheels to raise it higher off the ground.

needless to say these will turn out to be nothing like we imagine them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Jedi vs. Dissidents (Separatists) - maybe re-release with Clone Armor Obi-Wan (old version)

Good god, I sure hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    These are pretty much a way for Hasbro to rehash older figures for those who don't have them, or like the battle pack format. We'll see these at Comic Con.

First: these 2 might be out by or shortly after July 26 to go with the vehicles:

AT-TE Assault Squad - probably trooper pack for AT-TE
    Millennium Falcon - the standard crew from ANH or ESB, no doubt

Battle of Theed - most likely Naboo Officers and Battle Droids, possibly Padme
    Battle of Naboo - probably Gungans being BomBad!
    Jedi Training - Yoda and Younglings. Maybe with new Padawans.
    Assault on the Shield Generator - Return of the Jedi
    Scramble on Yavin - really curious here - Rebel Pilots? General Dodonna again?
    Muunlist - probably Cartoon Network's Clone Wars related when Obi-Wan fought Durge

The Jundland Wastes - likely Tuskins, Obi-Wan first meeting Tatooine Luke, or this is the Galactic Heroes set with the Dewback

The Darth Vader TIE Fighter Adventure - I think this is also a mistake and it's the Galactic Heroes pack with Vader's TIE vehicle. I can't imagine a 3 3/4" set (from ANH obviously) being that interesting as compared to getting the vehicle with a pack-in Vader pilot figure.
    if these packs are true I'm going to be one broke husband with a very ****ed off wife. (well she knows I love Star Wars but just doesn't understand why i have this addiction of getting every figure of the same character for a simply little extra detail. prime example I already have about 10 Tatoonie Lukes but have to pick up the TAC Tatoonie Luke for the new sculpt and moisture vaporator.)
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks