Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Venture Bros

Venture Bros

Since the GiJoe thread got on this and went back on topic, AND since as of last night I'm fully caught up figured I'd start one here

This damn show is one of the funniest things ever conceived, IMO

The weird thing about it is that in it's third season it is somehow getting better (tho Brock has mellowed a LOT and doesn't quite get the action he used to so far)

That "C'mon they're just bein kids" damn near killed me

So I'll leave it there to start but I KNOW there's folks enjoying this sucker as much as I am
    Iso&Baws

"Yeah, they never show that part on TV"
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Last week's episode was cute, but I think it could have been stronger in a few places. More flashbacks, a tighter storyline for Dean, and a better ending. It's like they just ran out of gas and needed a fast reason why Rusty and Dr Quymn weren't going to hook up.

I think this season works better because there's more balance, not every episode is about The Monarch this year. But nothing can top season 1 IMO.

This week's t-shirt at astrobasego.com is "Dean!" which is a major cop-out considering we never got our Rusty Venture classic cartoon logo or the OSI/GI Joe logo shirt.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I love this show. My fave of the season was the party at Hatreds house. So many laughs in that one. Why dont they shoot the damned crossbow!
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

"Nawww, I'm waiting to see this guy shoot that crossbow, things huge!!"

HAHAHA good call KH
    Isio&Baws
    the naked confrontation was pretty funny too

Cool, Mabs started a Venture Bros thread

I have to catch up on last weeks episode.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

I've honestly never even seen a preview for this. What is it?

Hard to explain well...

It's KIND of like a really good Johnny Quest parody, but throw in elements of superhero parody (this IS by a lot of the guys who did the Tick, but this one is more direct references and not quite so "wacky") and some fairly "adult" humour and pretty over-the-top violence and you have what Venture Bros basically amounts to.

It's not really formulaic in the slightest so every episode is something prety much unlike what came before...

And the "muscle" of the team is Brock Samson and he kicks all kinds of hilarious butt, he's completely unflappable, unstoppable and very "upfront" and gets most of the good lines IMO

That episode wher ehe riped that ghosts arm off and killled him with it was priceless... And Brocks "dream scenario" with the bears riding motorcycles while he rode that giant battle dniosaur was AWESOME- I hope Chux saw that one at least

Iso&Baws

Dunno if you'd like it, Deuce, but it IS brilliant and not "goofy", which is where I find a lot of recent cartoons fall down

Isn't John Kricfalusi of Ren & Stimpy involved in some capacity, too? The animation style definitely looks like his type of thing.

I don't follow it, but it's been hilarious every time I've seen it.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I found this SW comp on YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajocXQg445s

Good to see Nien Nunb with a cameo.

Tip of the cap to The Deuce as well, with that little guy doing hand surgery on that guy.

This show is the best. Do yourself a favor and buy season 1 on DVD, you will not regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Isn't John Kricfalusi of Ren & Stimpy involved in some capacity, too? The animation style definitely looks like his type of thing.
    No, not even a little. He's off doing web cartoons mostly and pay-for-draw.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.