Thread: Wanted

Wanted

My kids conned me into taking them. Suffice to say there isn't much to say about it. Not that I was expecting there to be. Avoid. Big waste of money.

Only two saving graces was you get to see Angelina in the buff. And I'm convinced that the leading man would be a great Peter Parker in the next series of Spiderman movies. The kid has a dorky, yet dark quality that would emphasise Peter's inner darkness after all the events in Spiderman 3. Toby Macguire is a bit too whiney for my taste.

I actually really enjoyed this movie. It was like "The Matrix", but with a personality.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

I definitely got that "Matrix" vibe as well. The whole what would happen if agent Smith were telling the trutch and Morpheus was the liar liar pants on fire.

I didn't care for this film. The trailers looked good, but the movie itself had nothing to say, bad pacing, and the action didn't feel particularly fresh. Also, the big FX sequences were repetitive, there's only so many ways you can watch a guy shoot a gun around stuff, the car action wasn't really that much to do with it.

Angie's nude is just her rather underwhelming butt, she's done full-frontal as evidenced in the opening crawl of Family Guy: Blue Harvest.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It's based on a Top Cow comic. Therefore, it has to suck. I hate to make broad generalizations about the entire output of a comic company or imprint, but it's okay in the case of Top Cow, since it's all a bunch of artists with no writers drawing T&A in Marc Silvestri's style.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I kinda liked Witchblade, even the show - despite its stubborn refusal to put Yancy Butler in a bone bikini.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

This movie is waaaay different than the comic. There are a couple of scenes that have left some of the story intact. But the differences I saw in the trailer were what convinced me the movie wasn't going to worth squat. The leading man played Leto Atrites in Children of Dune so I knew he would be okay.

I disagree with Preacher that it was bad overall. I thought it was goofy, but still fun.

I agree with Preacher about Tobey Maguire being too whiney in Spiderman. Horrible casting for those movies, they could have done much better in that regard.