Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fav. Battle Droid?

Security or Boomer damaged?

I prefer the Security one, cause the Boomer Damaged one's head doesn't stay on good, though it's still an improvement from Ep1 Battle Droids.

The Battle Droid: Security one is cool, but that lever on his back to move his arm looks bad, even folded up. It's just to visible. The Battle Droid: Boomer Damage is cool though, love the attachable boomer electricity. Gotta say that the Boomer Damage droid just edges out the Security one.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Does the head on yours stay on good? Cause if it's just mine, I'm going to get some more since I can't find any more Security one's, they've got quite a few Boomer damaged one's at Wal-Mart here.

Originally posted by Battle Droid
    Does the head on yours stay on good? Cause if it's just mine, I'm going to get some more since I can't find any more Security one's, they've got quite a few Boomer damaged one's at Wal-Mart here.
    They all seem to come off really easily. Some of them could be slightly looser then others cause it's made to be free moving. Still, if your careful they dont pop off all that much.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Oh, I see.

I can't wait for the Pilot Battle Droid, now if we'd just get a new OOM-9.

I took the Boomer damage off mine and put in on a Scout Trooper of all figures. Then I took one of those little clear rubber bands and put it around his little battle droid paws and a rifle for a two handed grip action. It looks pretty cool. But the Security droid is in that position already and he has nifty maroon shoulders. I vote for Security, because without the Boomer damage, he's just a battle droid and I already got plenty of those...

I've got

6 regular Ep1 BD's
    4 OOM-9's
    4 BD's with Staps
    1 Pilot BD with Scout Tank
    1 BD with Theed Generator Complex (the worst BD ever)
    2 Security BD's
    1 Boomer damaged BD
    3 12in BD's

...and thanks to Lucas, your character fetish can extend through Episode III.

I didn't pick either up, because the only place I ever saw the Security one was at KB for $7.99, and the Boomer Damaged ones never interested me.

I customized an Ep1 version where he has half a face, and only one leg. Then I made selective dings and scratches, and used a marker for a scorched effect. I named him Lucky. That would be my favorite. Him, and my variation Blasted Ep1 w/ extra blast outline...too bad I opened him.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Battle Droids have a bad rep, somone has to like them.

I've got one security and 3 boomer damaged battle droids loose, although I'm trying to get more.

I'd say they both have their good points and bad points:
    Security Droid:

Good Points
    Good pose
    Can hold blaster with both hands
    Detailing is good
    very multi-poseable
    Even tho the lever is supposed to move the right arm up and down, it doesn't have to move via the level so you're free to posistion it the way you want it.

Bad Points
    The lever...
    Needs a little tighter grip on the Rifle, but it's not that bad
    Was kinda hard to find and didn't really get easier to find
    We had to wait till E2 for another Battle Droid to match it's pose.

Boomer Damaged Battle Droid:

Good Points
    Good detail
    The boomer damage pieces are fun to play with
    If you take the boomer damage off, it can double as a better "shot" battle droid
    Not too badly posed
    major plus that when you've got these laying around your Gungan battle diorama you can have them in a variety of poses so that they're not just laying or standing there.

(All 3 of my loose BDBDs all still have the head boomer damage's rubber band on it so I dunno about the head)
    Bad Points
    Boomer damage is kinda hard to put back on correctly
    1 or 2 extra pieces of Boomer "electricity" spirals would've been nice for the legs
    Could've been a little more weathered...

I guess they're pretty much equal, I don't like either better than the other.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"