Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    At least I got the $8 now to pay the phone bill, plus I got enough left to treat one of my step daughters to a matinee showing of the new Batman movie.

I'll certianly miss meeting most of you for the first time.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

So, how was it; details, I need details!
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

My in-spirit-with-you today meal was PB&J, a banana, and water... hope yours was more better than mine!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    So, how was it; details, I need details!
    It went great! I got to meet El Chuxter. The others - SirSteve, JediTricks, Tycho, Deoxy I had already met.

BCJ, most of us ordered Philly Cheesesteaks. Really delicious ones at that!

It went alright, organization was a little slack but mostly we had a good time despite half the group coming in later and Deoxy having to run off to her NASA panel early. I wish more of the forumites could have made it, but it was good to meet Chux, and get together with the gang from last year, we had a good group.

The Phillys were great, but I had to go back a few days later for a mondo turkey sandwich (attached) because they're SO big, lots of "wow" factor, and I guess they taste good too but that's kinda secondary .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sandwich.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	17900  
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Is that JT's hand? Wow, if so it's the first picture to show that JT is a human, and not some alen as I have begun to believe.

At first I thought the picture, based on looking at the thumbnail, was someone mooning the camera.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

JT looks just like Professor Farnsworth. It's freakish how much he does. I expected him to pull out an envelope marked "Contents of Giant Space Wasp's Stomach." But he talks like Barry White, so the effect was destroyed once he opened his mouth.

Oh, and he's also the lead singer of the Gorillaz, so he likes to remain anonymous.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    Is that JT's hand? Wow, if so it's the first picture to show that JT is a human, and not some alen as I have begun to believe.

At first I thought the picture, based on looking at the thumbnail, was someone mooning the camera.
    I thought the same thing! (_|_)

Good news, everyone!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I just might have to break with tradition next year (if I go) and either get the pastrami or one of the premade cold sandwiches (less waiting)

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    JT looks just like Professor Farnsworth. It's freakish how much he does. I expected him to pull out an envelope marked "Contents of Giant Space Wasp's Stomach."
    Dude, you jest, but I really did have a manila envelope in my courier bag the whole time! It contained the SSG poll results and my next days' itineraries. Not career chips, but close!

But he talks like Barry White, so the effect was destroyed once he opened his mouth.
    That's not what the ladies say.

Oh, and he's also the lead singer of the Gorillaz, so he likes to remain anonymous.
    Shhhh, don't tell anybody my fake secrets!

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I just might have to break with tradition next year (if I go) and either get the pastrami or one of the premade cold sandwiches (less waiting)
    Here's the problem, the philly is a great sandwich there, but it's not impressive like the torta-bread sandwiches, and it doesn't have the roughage needed to keep con-goers alive. Solution? Get the philly 1 day and do a make-your-own the other day (or 3rd option, go to the con more than 2 days, or 4th option, sandwich for lunch and philly for dinner). But don't get the premades, there's no fun in that, just next time don't go with Tycho who took forever to leave the convention center despite knowing we were on a friggin' schedule.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.