Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Occupations?

Question Occupations?

What is your occupation? I am just curious to know. It is kinda an experiment, to see if there is any one particular occupation that has a lot of Star Wars fans. I am 16 so the closest thing to an occupation I have is being a courtesy clerk (box boy) at Albertson's (a grocery store based in Boise). I am also going to highschool of course. What about you?
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

Web master/database designer/graphics designer/programmer/Star Wars collector

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

I am a projectionist at a movie theatre. I also sell popcorn from time to time. Soon I will have a degree from the University of Iowa in Film Production which I hope to use in making the blockbusters of the next millenium. Or at least in marketing them to you, the consumer. or maybe just getting coffee for somebody famous. or maybe as manager at a Family video. or an assistant manager...

I am also a Star Wars guru, but I don't get paid for that (unless you count the adoration of untold thousands who crowd into SSG simply to chat with little ol' me! )

I'm a musician who owns a landscaping company.....or a landscaper who plays in a band.....either will do.

I'm a fishgutter. Crap job but somebodies gotta do it else all them kiddies wouldn't have their fishfingers would they?
    Scooobydoo, where are you!!!

What does Brown do for me? It employs me!
    UPS baby!

I help insure that the local comic stores get their latest shipment on time.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Arrow

CURRENT occupation is substitute teacher. Which of these phrases fits your sub experiences from school best?

- "But that's not how [teacher] does it!"
    - "That's dumb!"
    - "What did he say?"
    - "But I didn't do anything!"
    - "Jerk!"
    - "$#@&^%!!!"
    - "No, I won't put the gun down."
    - "I wish you were our regular teacher."
    - "Are you seeing anyone?"

I am months away from filling that apparent void of qualified teachers in California by getting my teaching credential.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I'm the guy at LucasFilm who has to sneak in under false aliases to find out about what's going on in the fanbase. Then I wake up.

Actually I'm 15 and have absolutely no job, well ok I do work at a SW collecting site but I don't get paid, although I do get free figs from every new wave. :happy:

Happy Jeddah?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I fry chicken and various other foods. Next job for me: Full time student at Ohio State.
    Back and more bearded than ever before